NAMM- und Musikmesse-Spekulationsthread 2015

• Ersteller Martman
  • Erstellt am
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Schon wieder n Receptor angekündigt? April? :rolleyes1:
Mal gucken, wie lange das diesmal dauert... (was wurde damals eigentlich aus der Musebox?)
--- Beiträge wurden zusammengefasst ---
Das Korg - Piano sieht mal wieder nach mutigem Konzept aus, erinnert irgendwie so n bisschen an Rolands KF-Serie... steht auch schon auf der deutschen Korg-Seite unter Produktneuheiten April... übrigens als einziges neben einem Stimmgerät. Falls das wirklich alles ist, ist's überraschend mager dieses Jahr... aber andererseits, wenn jemand momentan NICHT nachlegen muss, dann Korg...

Das Korg-Piano (eigentlich wohl ein Arranger mit Hammermechanik und eingebauten Lautsprechern) finde ich spannend! - Eine Geräte-Kombi, wie sie von vielen Neu-/Wiedereinsteigern hier im Forum schon angefragt wurde.

In etwa quasi ein inoffizieller Nachfolger des alten Korg PA-588:

Korg hat damit ein breites, stark aufgestelltes Produktportfolio; von der Top-of-the-Line Sampling-Workstation, über den duophonen, analogen Ody-Reissue inklusive Step-Sequencer, den Grooveboxen und Volcas, eben dem neuen Hammermechanik-Arranger, bis zum polyphonen VA mit Effekten...

Fehlt vielleicht noch der polyphone Analoge, oder ein Modularsystem à la AIRA...
danoh_giggling_zps48448ed6.gif

(was wurde damals eigentlich aus der Musebox?)

Sie war eine zeitlang im Online-Sortiment von Thomann -->

https://www.thomann.de/de/peavey_musebox.htm

HTH

Wenn die Tastatur und der Piano Klang beim Korg passen, könnte das ein großer Erfolg werden. Mit 1.665,- UVP konkuriert es dann mit der 1400,- Klasse der anderen Hersteller, scheint aber von den zusätzlichen Features deutlich mehr zu bieten.

In der Klasse ist der FA08 mMn im Moment unerreicht. Eine wirklich fantastische Tastatur, super Piano Sounds und viele weitere Features. Wenn die Orgel nicht derartig grottig wäre, dann würde der wohl statt dem Forte bei mir stehen.

Ich dachte erst, es sähe wie eine Art Aprilscherz aus, aber da sich auch auf anderen Plattformen die Newsmeldungen häufen, ist da anscheinend was dran:

Is Native Instruments ‘Stems’ Audio Format The Future Of DJing…Or Karaoke?

Native Instruments today introduced a new audio file format standard, Stems, at the Winter Music Conference.

Stems is an open audio file format that basically stores four ‘stem’ tracks (for example – bass, drums, melody & vocals) along with the full mix. The format is designed to simplify live remixing of tracks, because it provides a standard way to deliver remix-friendly audio.

When playing a track, the Stems format makes it easy to do drop out any of the four stem parts. Native is aiming at broad adoption by making Stems an open format. They also plan to release a free tool for creating Stems files, Stem Creator Tool.

TRAKTOR_DJ_iPad_eq_L-e1361451029424-250x200.jpg

NI”s Stems format is not radically different from several other remix-friendly formats that have been introduced previously and that failed to get any traction.
Two things make Stems notable:
  • It’s being introduced by Native Instruments, one of the leading creators of DJ software and hardware; and
  • It’s an open format, so that it can be freely supported by musicians, labels and other hardware and software manufacturers.
So – while the Stems format may seem a bit ‘Music Minus One’, and limiting to anyone used to remixing with apps like Ableton Live, the combination of it being open and supported by Native Instruments may prove to be very important

Stems Is A Baby Step Towards ‘Intelligent Music’
Stems as a ‘baby step’ towards ‘Intelligent Music’, something we predicted in 2010 as one of our 10 Predictions For Electronic Music Making In The Next Decade:
The idea of selling fixed music will become archaic in the next decade. Why should everybody that hears your music hear the exact same thing, forever, regardless of their sound system, regardless of their location, regardless of what they are doing and regardless of who they are?

Stems supports a limited set of playback combinations. 4 stems give you 16 different starting points.

But – while that’s still fairly limiting – it’s way more flexibility than you get starting with standard audio files.

Availability
Native Instruments say that they will be introducing Traktor support for Stems this summer. A website containing all technical specifications, source code, tutorials, and downloads will launch Stems this coming June.

Native Instrument Stems FAQ

What is a Stem file?

A Stem file is an audio file that contains a track split into four musical elements: A drums stem, a bass line stem, a harmony stem, and a lead stem for example.

What makes Stems an ‘Open file format’?
The Stem format is open because all details on how to make Stem files and how to play them will be publicly available. Anyone can create Stems without paying licensing fees for creation, distribution, or use.

How can DJs benefit from playing with Stems?
Stems expand DJ mixing and performance possibilities by allowing you to mix with isolated parts of a track such as the vocals, or by applying effects to specific parts of the song. This can make DJ sets stand out.

I’m a DJ but I also produce my own tracks. Why should I use Stems?
You can export your tracks as Stems and play them in a DJ setting with full control over individual parts of your track. This gives any producer-DJ a hands-on, flexible way of playing live that’s exciting for the crowd to watch.

I work for a label or an online music retailer. How can I benefi t from distributing Stems?
You can sell Stems at a premium price and create new revenue streams for your business.

What are the benefits of the Stem file format for music software and hardware companies?
You can create new exciting products that will help redefi ne music performance for DJs, producers, and live artists.

Where can I buy music in Stem format?
The open file format means that anyone can sell music in Stem format. Online music retailers Beatport, Juno, and Traxsource will offer music in Stem format starting June 2015. Following the launch, more retailers will begin supporting
the Stem format.

Can I create a Stem file myself?
Yes you can – the technology is free for everyone to use. The official Stems website will include a step-by-step guide on how to create Stem files.

How many individual stems are included in a Stem file?
The Stem file format contains four stem tracks.

How do I create or edit metadata in a Stem file?
You can create and edit the metadata of a Stem file using any ID3-enabled software, like iTunes for example. The Stem Creator Tool will also offer this feature. However, it will initially be the only tool to allow editing the name of each individual stem track as ‘Drums’ or ’Synths’ for example.

Are there any best practices on how to create a Stem file?
A document outlining best practices for instrument grouping, order, names, colors, and mastering techniques will be available from the offi cial Stems website.

Will I be able to play a Stem file in my audio player?
Yes. A Stem file will play as a normal audio track in any player that supports the mp4 format and follows the mp4 specs. This means you will hear the full track, but not have control over the individual stem parts. To listen and play with the individual parts, you’ll need software or hardware that supports the Stem format.

Which software currently supports Stems?
Traktor Pro 2 (version 2.7.4 or later) will allow you to load and play with individual stem parts. Other software companies can integrate the Stem format into their software and hardware once Stems is publicly released in June 2015. All relevant
information and resources for developers and musicians will be available on the Stems website.

Can Pioneer CDJs play Stems?
If the CDJ model supports the mp4 format, it will play back a Stem file as a normal audio track.

Can I create Stems from my DAW?
Any DAW allows you to export grouped tracks such as a mixdown of just the drums, the bassline, harmonic elements, and lead sounds plus effects. Once these four files are processed by the free Stem Creator Tool application, these become a Stem file. Any DAW developer can implement additional Stem features into their software.

I am a developer. What do I need to do to make Stem authoring and playback possible for my software and hardware?
All the necessary information to implement Stem functionalities in soft- or hardware is documented and will be publicly available on the Stems website.

What will the file extension be?
Stem files will carry a .stem.mp4 extension. For example: filename.stem.mp4

Can I decode a Stem file into another format like mp3?
No, mp3 does not support multi-channel audio as required by the Stem format.

GForce Intros Streetly SFX Console Expansion Pack For M-Tron Pro

sfx_full.jpg

GForce Software, in collaboration with Streetly Electronics, has released the original Mellotron MKII SFX library in all its glory.

Introduced in 1965, the Mellotron MKII SFX console allowed live dubbing of an enormous range of the most popular and essential sounds for film and TV, 1260 in all, directly from the keys of the Mellotron keyboard.

Through clever grouping of the these recordings, you could go from key to key and generate a whole sequence. For instance, footsteps approaching, a car door opening, the engine starting and then driving off.

The MKII SFX console was also a milestone as it used transistor amplification for a much quieter audio path. The speed control system was improved to utilise a DC motor control which also reduced hum. Despite all these sonic improvements, the source recordings largely came from scratchy shellac discs with all the imperfections now clearly reproduced by the improved technology! Nevertheless, these ancient SFX are an important time capsule and certain recordings will sound strangely familiar.

The Streetly SFX Console Expansion Pack For M-Tron Pro is available now for £24.99.

...und wieder was für bastel-freudige:

New DIY Synth, The Crowminius, Inspired By Minimoog & CS-80

crowminius.jpg

DIY synth guru Scott Rider, aka the Old Crow, has announced a new DIY project, inspired by the circuits of the Moog Minimoog and the Yamaha CS-80.

The two main goals for the ‘Crowminius‘ project were:
  • to make a new synth in the style of a Minimoog 204D (“model D”) for a good friend, who lost his circa 1974 original Mini to hurricane Katrina; and
  • to create a synth that would fit in a compact aluminum attache case.
crowminius-suitcase.jpg

Here’s what Rider has to say about the new synth:
Crowminius is a compact recreation of the 204D, except my Atmel ATMEGA328P/MCP4822-based MIDI interface takes place of the old 44-note Pratt-Read keyboard. Otherwise, every control and jack on the model D is represented here.

The controls are extremely compact as the entire system has to fit on a 8.5? x 11? circuit board and given the inset border needed for mounting the board in the case the actual area available was 7.5? x 10?. Thus far all the subsystems are checking out as shown by this 98% assembled first unit.

An Adafruit LCD monitors the MIDI stream for me; that is a MIDI Note-On code for key 0x34 at velocity 0x5B. I had a spare DAC channel available so one of the MIDI options will be filter modulation by various MIDI sources, such as key velocity.
By request I added a feature the original model D did not have: PWM of the oscillators.

Oscillator #3 was typically used in “control mode” as a low-frequency modulation generator to add vibrato to the first two oscillators or additionally add filter modulation, but there was no routing to provide pulse-width modulation of the primary tone-generating oscillators. To address this (lack of a) feature I devised a pair of simple low-frequency triangle-waveshape oscillators, one for each tone generator.

Separate oscillator PWM is one of the many details that gives the Yamaha CS-80 the rich sonic texture that made it such a great instrument, so I decided to use that concept for Crowminius PWM.

Crowminius FAQ

Here’s Rider’s FAQ’s for the Crowminius:
The circuit board is 8.5″ x 11″ (216mm x 280mm), the size of the DuinoKit Essentials PC board the aluminum case of which settled the form factor goal for the Crowminius project.

The green things are some 3D-printed shelf clips I made that serve as makeshift pitch/mod levers. I will print better ones meant for this.

There are three LFO LEDs, two are behind the PWM pots (top middle), the 3rd shows the rate of the control osc. and is over by the pitch/mod wheel pots.
The vactrol/LDR is for MIDI modwheel action, which is kind of experimental at the moment.

The A440 reference is not a Wein bridge sine oscillator, but rather is a DDS table-lookup PWM sine tone generated on the MIDI microcontroller.
USB MIDI is planned.

The power supply will run on a single 12VAC, 250mA wall transformer. The power supply that does not suck mode involves the use of two 12VAC wall transformers so as to provide full-wave rectification.

The DAC is scaled to provide 5 octaves, F1 to F6 over a 4.096-Volt range. The DAC’s 2nd channel will operate the filter cutoff for assignable key velocity or whatever.

I did not use ua726s as they are a pain to get and the thought of exposed parts heated to 80C meant someone would get burned. LM3046s are fine; there is a tempco resistor under the three arrays for the VCOs.

The filter resonance pot is in fact a 50K reverse-log type, but I provided for using a linear pot+resistor to cheeseball it.

Yes I will be offering bare boards. They will be $100.00. I have to correct a few cosmetic issues (mostly reversed knob and switch actions) but every part came from Digikey, Jameco, Mouser or Small Bear.

HTH
:hat:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Coole Idee. Es ist ein offenes format, aber nicht von der Industrie abgesegnet. Das Format und die Features machen Sinn, ich denke viele (Hersteller, DJ's, Producer) werden sich darüber Gedanken machen.
Es gibt 3 Alternativen was jetzt damit passiert: 1. NI bekommt Marktmacht und alle anderen müssen nachziehen, die Musikindustrie zieht mit. 2. Alle bauen ihren eigenen Konterstandard. 3. Es bleibt ein autarkes NI format.

NI und offen... das man das noch erleben darf...

... mal hoffen, ob die da auch was offeneres für die Keys nachlegen...

In der Klasse ist der FA08 mMn im Moment unerreicht.

Da hast du was falsch verstanden...

Der FA hat keine Speaker und keine Begleitautomatik, ist also ein 'klassischer' Vertreter der Gattung 'Workstation'!

Der neue Korg gehört eher in die Kategorie 'Keyboard mit Begleitautomatik', hier aber eben mit einer gewichteten Tastatur... was hybrides, eben.

;)

--- Beiträge wurden zusammengefasst ---
Es gibt 3 Alternativen was jetzt damit passiert:

Ich tippe mal auf Option Nr. 3...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hat das Korg Havian (blöder Name) gar die engine des kronos für piano und epianosounds? Dann ist's gekauft, wenn transportabel und bis 2000,--eur...

Gute Frage... versuch' ich morgen mal zu recherchieren! :great:

...ich würde aber drauf tippen, dass das eher aus der PA3x/PA900-Ecke kommt.

Korg Japan/USA vs. Korg Italy? Die sind wohl ziemlich unabhängig voneinander...

Viele Grüße, :)

Jo

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hat das Korg Havian (blöder Name) gar die engine des kronos für piano und epianosounds? Dann ist's gekauft, wenn transportabel und bis 2000,--eur...
1665,- UVP
http://www.korg.de/produkte/pianos/havian30-produktinfo/havian30-produktinfo-1.html

Aber ich fürchte schon die erste Krücke entdeckt zu haben:
  • Kopfhöreranschluss/Audio-Ausgang: Unsymmetrische Stereo-Klinkenbuchse
Man sieht leider nirgends die Anschlüsse in guter Auflösung, reichhaltig sind sie auf keinen Fall :(

Moin,

also das mit dem Midi finde ich persönlich gar nicht mehr so schlimm, auch wenn ich das beim Kronos noch nutze. Das ganze sollte mal komplett auf USB umgestellt werden.

Finde ich nicht. USB Stecker sind nicht wirklich verlässlich. Ich vermeide sie wo es geht. Aktuell hab ich wieder gar keinen auf der Bühne und bin froh darüber.

Ich finde den DIN Stecker nicht wirklich besser muss ich sagen. Ich mache einiges über USB sogar am Drehstativ und habe das bisher keine Probleme.
Einigen wir uns drauf: Wir brauchen was zum verriegeln:)

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: 1 Benutzer
Ein wochenlanges Problem konnte ich bei mir auf einen minimal wackelnden USB Stecker zurück führen. Sie verriegeln halt nicht wirklich. Der DIN Stecker sitz da schon deutlich sicherer.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: 2 Benutzer
Also ich habe mit den DIN-Steckern seit bald 30 Jahren auf der Bühne noch nie Probleme gehabt.
USB würde ich mir momentan nicht antun...

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.