• Ersteller Kermit98
  • Erstellt am
Kermit98
Kermit98
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Hallo Community

Ich habe aktuell die 2. Artec SE3-Elektronik verbaut, Nummer 3 liegt schon auf der Werkbank.

Für (aktuell bei Thomann) 19,- EUR für die 3-Band und 25,- EUR für die 2-Band-Elektronik kriegt man ein Hammerteil mit soundmäßig tollen Features.
Natürlich, wo Licht ist gibts auch Schatten, die Verarbeitung made in Korea ist nicht unbedingt europäischer Standard oder gar "Made in Germany" ;)

Ich habe Artec eine nette Mail geschrieben, mal sehen obs Antwort gibt:
"Hello

Few weeks ago i bought one of your SE3-Bass Preamps from german distributor Thomann. After instaling and testing i was very surprised how such a non-expensive circuit increases the tone range of my bass guitar equiped with two Wilkinson JazzBass-Pickups. I gave it to one of my band members for test playing, just wanted a feedback for further improvements.... and i was asked if i would sell it to him. Fine, crisp heights and very deep tone, good for Jazz, Motown, Vintage to heavy AC/DC-style rock. So, yes, i'm a satisfied customer and i ordered additional sets for 2 of my other instruments.

But, as you know, when there are Jedis there always are also Sith - no light without shadow. And you can only improve a product when you know about the problems, right?

First Problem: Soldering.

Basicly, everyone who orders such an item should be able to solder and should have the correct tools, soldering tin a.s.o.
First lesson of soldering: Just heat parts as shortly as possible, don't "fry" them. This rule is also necessary for circuit boards. So PLEASE stop putting drops of solder at the pads where cables have to be soldered - power, pickups a.s.o. It's much easier to get the cables through the holes when they are open and not closed with a mushroom of solder. Just try to thread a wire through the hole while heating the solder drop from the other side.....

Then: Your solder fluid makes ugly (corrosive?) grey spots at the circuit boards. The pictures are showing new out-of-the-package circuits. Low-cost is ok, but this doesn't look very professional.

And: How can someone get two ground wires from pickups into one tiny hole at the balance poti ? Model railroad wires maybe, 2 "vintage"-style......No way.

Second problem: Speaking of the balance poti. There are a couple of voices in discussion boards that in middle position the sound range decreases, getting muffled. I have to validate this, my SE3 had the same problem. I replaced the balancer with a Göldo ELPAN250 which solved the problem, gave me crisp sounds with both pickups at "full speed". Also, the Göldo has 2 holes for pickup ground.

Good: Very exciting tone range, 100% satisfied with the sound, bought more of them.
Bad: Too much and too aggressive solder, balance poti could be reworked

Greetings from germany"

Kurzfassung:
- Sound: Geil
- Unnötige Lötzinntropfen auf den Pads, aggressives Lötzinn
- Balancepoti lässt den Sound in Mittenstellung dumpf werden

artecse3a.jpg artecse3b.jpg

Trotzdem, für den Preis......

Eigenschaft

Servus zusammen

Hier die Antwort von Artec:
" We highly appreciate your kind review and the advice on SE3.
Your any feedback will help us improve our product.
Again, thank you very much for your valued feedback."

Ich hatte natürlich nicht eine Antwort wie "Danke, wir ändern unsere Produktion" erwartet, ich bin trotzdem überrascht, ÜBERHAUPT Antwort aus Korea zu erhalten.

Falls jemand Fragen zu der SE3 hat, gerne stellen.....

Thorsten

Hmm... Hab 'ne SE2 verbaut und finde sie unterirdisch... Lautstärkeunterschiede beim blenden, Höhen viel zu dezenter und bei den Bässen viel zu massiver Einfluss der Elektronik... :-/
Wenn ich den Bass irgendwann wieder reaktiviere fliegt die vorher definitiv raus...

hab die SE3.... Katastophe!
Völlig!

Wie kann man die gut finden?
Auch klanglich?!? Die Lautstärkeeinbrüche beim blenden sind so deutlich, dass ist eigentlich sofort durchfällt!?

Meine ist übrigen perfekt gelötet?!?

hab die SE3.... Katastophe!
Völlig! Wie kann man die gut finden?
Auch klanglich?!? Die Lautstärkeeinbrüche beim blenden sind so deutlich, dass ist eigentlich sofort durchfällt!?
Ich geb Euch recht was die Blende bzw. den Mischerpoti angeht. Bei meinem Hybrid hab ich dem Mischer durch einen Göldo ersetzt, in meinem Preci hab ich gar keinen Mischer installiert.

Mir gefällt sie.....