Searching for a good versatile rock guitar

C
chna
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
In search for the ultimate guitar ...

I am looking to buy a guitar good for primary rock/metal but also suitable for other styles with quality parts on it.

Some features needed :
- floyd rose or licensed (excellent quality)
- good build quality
- versatile tone (should be able to do a few styles)
- no heavy weight champ
- strat/superstrat like shape (charvel, kramer, RG, RGX, ...)
- nr of frets : 22 or 24 is fine
- bridge humbucker
- +- 1000 euro maximum price

Tone:
Well I know it depends certainly on the amp but I want to be sure that it doesn't have a thin sound. Think of the clips of the Diezel Einstein (Sgt Thump)
Well I like to be able to have sort of VH sound and fat palm mutes.
I really like the tone of Jeff Fiorentino Jrocks
I know he uses a SD JB in the bridge. Not sure if this will work out the same on an RG (Basswood <-> Swamped Ash)

I was thinking of an Ibanez RG2570.

But I am not sure if it will suit me because of this :
- too thin neck ?
- tone rather thin ?

So I would appreciate if people with one of the new RG's could step forward.

Please don't suggest an Ibanez RG550/570.
I want to buy new and not from Ebay.

Eigenschaft

at this price class you can get a very good Fernandes Retrorocket elite, that's very good guitar from Japan (x series korea or china) but the pro series, elite or deluxe comes over japan. here you can see it: http://www.fernandesguitars.com/rrestr.html

quality is good, the features too. there you can have a good guitar for about 1000 euro or in the USA for 900$...........

kramer and charvel guitars (till the year 92') costs at the maximum 400 euro with kahler or Floyd Rose system

what do you think about the new Jackson Dinky's? They Tone is a bit more agressive and catchy than Ibanez ones. But it's not THAT versatile because of the missing middle Pick up.
http://www.musik-service.de/jackson-dkmg-dinky-transparent-black-prx395755978de.aspx
Ozherwise the Soloists are also very good and way more versatile cuz' they have a Full sized Humbucker at the Bridge and duncan Hot Rails in middle and Neck position. The Floyd is a licensed but a really good one keeps allways in tune ect. And the biggest deal is, it's a Neck Thru guitar, not bolt-on like Ibanez RG's and Jacksons Dinky!

http://www.musik-service.de/jackson-sl-3-soloist-black-prx395755968de.aspx

Greetz from germany
VB:)

I own an Ibanez RG 2570 EX CPK.
The Neck is quite thin. But I like it way better than the "Baseball bat" feeling.
And in my opinion the tone of the RG is quite suitanble for a lot of sounds and not thin at all.
The tremolo is also a really good one and I would even prefere it over a Original Floyd.

But you have to check out a store to test the guitars. Ibanez(or Jackson/ESP whateve) produce very fine Guitars but if you don't like a guitar (the looks, the feeling, the tone, the playability) don't buy it. Even if sombody else tells you its the best. ;)

Metalröhre schrieb:
The new version of the Sl-3 has an Original Floyd Rose. In this price class the Sl-3 is imo the best available guitar :D

Oh i see, i was reading in an old Specsheet, Sorry Metalröhre was right, it's an original Floyd... even better. (An Ebony Fretboard would make it perfect ;) but than there would be no need for the SL-1 :D)

Thanks for the suggestions.
ESP's and Jacksons also caught my eye. But I am not sure. I guess I'll have to take a look at some stores.

On the other hand I'd like to keep the price really under 1000 euro.
I can not justify a high priced guitar with playing abilities.
For the moment I have only one guitar which needs a setup. For that reason I would like to have a second guitar. And I don't want to waste money on a cheap guitar.

I also like these shapes:
RAN_d05.jpg

RAN_IMG_1018.jpg

chna schrieb:
Thanks for the suggestions.
ESP's and Jacksons also caught my eye. But I am not sure. I guess I'll have to take a look at some stores.

On the other hand I'd like to keep the price really under 1000 euro.
I can not justify a high priced guitar with playing abilities.
For the moment I have only one guitar which needs a setup. For that reason I would like to have a second guitar. And I don't want to waste money on a cheap guitar.

There's always a way to justify a new more expensive Guitar ;)Your abilities will raise and your requirements do. A new Guitar that's about 1000 Bucks will be enough for the next 2-3 Years minimum.

By the way, where do you come from? It's a bit unusual to write answers in English ;)

How do you think about an extreme shaping?

This Guitar ist an Excellent Heavy/Rock Guitar. Good Sounding. And flexible...
red10.jpg

You can get it from:

www.zerberusgitarren.de

Cu
Chris