Keyboarder der E-Street Band tot..

• Ersteller Chris Ryan
  • Erstellt am
Chris Ryan
Chris Ryan
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Hi, da ich hier noch nichts darüber gelesen habe...(war länger nicht im Netz)
Schade...wird bestimmt ein komisches Gefühl bei den kommenden Konzerten, sollten diese nicht abgesagt werden..
Bye Chris

E Street Band Keyboardist Danny Federici Dies
Posted Apr 18th 2008 10:00AM by Steve Baltin
Filed under: News

Bruce Spingsteen's E Street Band lost a member of their family on Thursday when keyboardist Danny Federici passed away at the age of 58 at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. Federici, who left the current Springsteen tour last November following an emotional farewell show in Boston, succumbed to a 3-year battle with melanoma.

"Danny and I worked together for 40 years," a statement by Springsteen read, "He was the most wonderfully fluid keyboard player and a pure natural musician. I loved him very much ... we grew up together."

In a large ensemble that featured such stalwart musicians and recognizable performers as saxophonist Clarence "Big Man" Clemons, guitarist "Little" Steven Van Zandt and drummer "Mighty" Max Weinberg, Federici was an unsung hero of the band. But the "Phantom"'s organ work was instrumental in Springsteen's first Top 10 hit, 'Hungry Heart,' among many other tracks, including live favorites 'Fourth of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)' and 'Kitty's Back.'

During his recent California stint, Springsteen mentioned Federici every show, sending along messages of good tidings to the keyboardist. Springsteen shows in Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando, scheduled for this Friday and Saturday, have been postponed. The tour is scheduled to resume Monday in Tampa. In lieu of flowers, both the E Street Band and Federici's surviving family are requesting donations be made to the Danny Federici Memorial Fund. Bruce Springsteen.net reports that a site is being established for the fund and a link will be posted as soon as it's availabe

Auf der offiziellen Homepage gibt es noch ein schönes Tribut Video...http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

Eigenschaft

Einer der ganz großen ist von uns gegangen

R.I.P Danny

Lg bigapple

vor 2 Tagen ist auch "Big Man" Clarence Clemons gestorben. R.I.P. cc

Nun auch das noch...erst letztens haben wir diskutiert ob und wie Clarence Clemons noch auf mit Tour geht...

Wir vermissen Dich und Deine Musik Clarence...

Von Springsteens Homepage:

It is with overwhelming sadness that we inform our friends and fans that at 7:00 tonight, Saturday, June 18, our beloved friend and bandmate, Clarence Clemons passed away. The cause was complications from his stroke of last Sunday, June 12th.

Bruce Springsteen said of Clarence: Clarence lived a wonderful life. He carried within him a love of people that made them love him. He created a wondrous and extended family. He loved the saxophone, loved our fans and gave everything he had every night he stepped on stage. His loss is immeasurable and we are honored and thankful to have known him and had the opportunity to stand beside him for nearly forty years. He was my great friend, my partner, and with Clarence at my side, my band and I were able to tell a story far deeper than those simply contained in our music. His life, his memory, and his love will live on in that story and in our band.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: 2 Benutzer