• Ersteller fips1928
  • Erstellt am
F
fips1928
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Hey to all,

I have a problem concerning the Midicontrol of the iLive R72.
I have a band where we have Logic Sessions which control different kinds of midi instruments (e.g.TCHelicon) on a click track andsend CC commands to these instruments. We also want use the intern Octaver of the iLive R72 and want to control with the Logicsession -> Mute/Unmute FX8 or DCA 3 with a Midi command. We use a Soundcard to send the Midicommand to the iLive, but as iLive is using NoteOn commands I don't know what I have to write to Logic so the R72 mutes or unmutes the channel.
I have the Midisheet of the R72 which says:

Mute on
Note On with velocity > 40 followed by Note off
9N, CH, 7F 9N, CH, 00

Mute off
Note on with veloctiy < 40 followed by Note off
9n, CH, 3F 9N, CH, 00

So my question is, what do I have to do specifically in Logic and on the R72 so it works ?

Thank you in advance

Eigenschaft

These numbers to me look like 'system-exclusive'-messages (sysex, for short).

I'm not particularly proficient with Logic, but you should be able to send out MIDI-sysex commands from Logic to the iLive console. Try recording some sysex messages into a region, and then using the event list to look at/edit the data.

HTH
:hat:

Thx for the answer, I found the sysex but when I open the event window I have the sysex with a lot of 0, but my code includes also letters and I cant enter them.

I will have to ask around in the recording-forum to see whether I can find a colleague who can help you a bit better with the subject of entering the code!

In the meantime, thanks in advance for being patient! :)

HTH
:hat:

Cool ! Thank you !