New to cologne - where can I find musicians?

• Ersteller Joshxoxo
  • Erstellt am
J
Joshxoxo
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Whats up? My names Josh and I am an American vocalist and a screamer. I just moved to Cologne last week and i'm wondering, where can I find a band? I want to be in a band so badly again, but I don't know whats going down with the Cologne scene! If you could definately post some stuff here, that would be awesome. Thanks for your help!

Joshxoxo

Eigenschaft

hey buddy! look up the musician market at the board here!

good luck with finding a new band....cologne is a great city for hard music... and if your good at what u do and if u are passionated enough u´ll definitly find one

greetings from Brunswick

and BTW: welcome at the board

Hi,

as Paddycore said, the best place to look for musicians here is the "Flohmarkt": http://www.musik-service.de/Flohmarkt.aspx. There you can also leave a record where you search a band.
Apart from that try to check out local gigs, music and record stores and I'm sure you will be able to find a band.

I have taken the liberty to change the topic of your thread because as it is now, nobody will ever be able to guess what this thread is all about. Please try to find a more suitable topic yourself next time ;)
Have fun and welcome "on board"...

Question for you Germans.. what do you call the genre over here thats like Breathe Carolina, 3oh!3, Kill Paradise, Hey, Caesar!. Electronica Screamo? Or whats that called in Germany?

its called "crap" :D

don´t know^^...everyone calls it a diferent way: some say screamo, some emocore, some just emo, some post-hardcore....i think no one really knows what it is cause are way to many subgenres.....

btw: i don´t know these bands. i just wnated to say that u don´t need to keep it too specific

Awesome Canny, how can I contact them?

you need a myspace account. write them a message!!

greetz canny

In case you were serious, I would refrain from calling the steaming pile you linked "post-hardcore". Actually, NONE of the genres Paddy suggested seem appropiate to me; I certainly don't have that sound in mind when somebody talks about emo.

Electronica Screamo sounds about right, though - but isn't electronica mainly chiptunes?