/[Biete]/[Tausch] Ostdeutschland / Frühjahr/Frühsommer / Doom Metal Tour

W
Wyldo
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Hello everybody, sorry for the confusing headline and awfully long text!

I'm organising a minitour in Germany for a Finnish doom metal band Stone Ship as my Bachelor's thesis for Jyväskylä UAS programme of Music & Media Management. I'm looking for good contacts and other bands to help with my workload and share the fruits of this quite a challenging project I've taken. The reason I'm asking for help here is that I'm beginning from complete scratch in this country and I have no contacts to anyone. So if during this spring/early summer 2011 your band has a gig and you need another band, or you're organising an event which would suit Stone Ship, we would be happy to hear from it.

The aim is to organise 4 gigs on consecutive days, which would hopefully be enough to cover most of the costs, assuming that we would receive about 150-250€ for each performance. It's a lot of money, but we need it to cover a lot of expenses. Don't be too afraid of the money though, the main thing is to get 4 gigs. So if we get 250 € for three gigs and 50 € for one gig it is completely fine.The financial goal is to break even after all the costs, while covering the travel expenses also for the other band(s). If there are some external technicians involved, they will require compensation as well. It's only possible to bring instruments and effects with us, since the band is coming by plane. The only choice is to have the backline provided by the venue or another band playing with us. It's not necessary to have the same band to play with us on all the gigs, it's even ok to have different band for each gig. The essential thing for the local band is to have a similar lineup to Stone Ship (vocalist, guitarist, bassist and a drummer), for technical reasons and sharing the backline. The genre of the other band(s) should also be close to Stone Ship.

What I need is:
- contacts to clubs/events/bookers/promoters
- contacts to other bands to perform with
- information about a car to travel around
- information about places to spend the night
- contacts to anyone who can provide help/opinions for getting this project forward

So far I have made a list of clubs who I'm going to send an enquiry about the gigs, and sent some demos to magazines & webzines for reviews. So far I've listed venues only from eastern germany, because I wanted to keep the venues at least somewhat close to each other to keep the traveling expenses reasonable. It is also possible to consider going further, as long as it makes sense financially.

More about the band? The songs in myspace consist of the songs in their first demo. They're all seasoned musicians in their mid 20s, but haven't so far played any gigs together. We're working on getting some gigs in Finland before coming to Germany though. By listening to the songs, you can get an idea how they play together. The songs were recorded practically live during one afternoon in their training place, only some additional guitars having been recorded separately. Here's a link to a review in English at hellridemusic.com Otherwise, they've had so far a 4/5 review in a big Finnish metal magazine called Miasma. Still waiting for the reaction from other magazines.

Why am I doing this? Well, first of all I'm a good friend of the band and I like their music. Secondly, it's going to be one hell of a great experience whatever happens + I'm getting an interesting Bachelor's thesis. I'm obviously also Finnish, but I speak a bit of German. I've been studying in Germany for some months now as an exchange student, and since I'm here why not take the opportunity to get to know the business here. So I will be the main person responsible of organising and managing this minitour. As for my credentials, I've been playing in bands for several years, having played several gigs myself. Addition to that, I've been volunteering in several festivals as a roadie and volunteering for months in a concert venue.

Even if you can't really contribute to make this project possible, since you've read this far, I'd be happy to get some opinions and feedback. I must have forgotten some important information, so feel free to ask further questions by posting here or by emailing ville.p.repo(a)gmail.com. If you have other questions for the band considering something else than this German tour, I recommend to contact the band themselves.

Eigenschaft