Rick Parfitt verstorben!

• Ersteller badguitarplayer
  • Erstellt am
RIP, Rick Parfitt! Du warst eine der Ikonen des Rock'n'Roll und hast sicher zahllose Gitarristen dazu inspiriert, auf ihrem Instrument anzufangen. Und irgendwann merkt man dann auch, dass die Musik von Status Quo oftmals eben nicht nur aus drei Akkorden besteht, sondern dass es da auch trickreiche Parts und Übergänge gibt.

2016 macht genauso fies weiter wie es schon die ganze Zeit ging. Das beste, was man darüber sagen kann, ist, dass es in einer Woche vorbei ist. Hoffentlich dreht es zum Schluss nicht nochmal so richtig auf...

Gruß
Jo

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: 1 Benutzer
Gerader, ehrlicher Rock'n'Roll ...

Ruhe in Frieden, Rick Parfitt ...

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: 2 Benutzer
Puh, ich habe erst gerade davon erfahren. Schreckliche Nachrichten wenn die Musik wieder eine Ikone verliert ... R.I.P.

Ich hatte 2014 nochmal das vergnügen sie in Patrimonio live zu hören.

R.I.P.

Vor 2 Woche hatte ich den Sa. noch mit ein paar Bier vor YouTube ausklingen lassen und mir überwiegend Sachen von Status Quo und vorallem Rick Parfitt angesehen. Es trifft mich neben Queen am meisten, sie nie live gesehen zu haben!

• Gefällt mir
"When I get old and it's time to go
to where Buddy and Elvis still play shows,
I'll be safe and sound for eternity
so Mr. God when you're ready for me
leave a little light on"

:(
--- Beiträge wurden zusammengefasst ---
Abschiedsworte von Francis Rossi:

I was not ready for this. Rick Parfitt had been a part of my story for fifty years. Without doubt the longest relationship of my life: this was also the most satisfying, frustrating, creative and fluid. From those early days, we worked together to create the Quo sound, look and hits. We spent years on the road, on the stage and in the studio, rarely far from each other, honing what we did.
We were a team, a double act, a partnership and yet also two very different people, handling the pressures of growing older, constant touring, dealing with success and keeping the creative flame burning in different ways. He developed his own sound, his own style, casually inspiring a generation of players.
Rick was the archetypal rock star, one of the originals, he never lost his joy, his mischievous edge and his penchant for living life at high speed, high volume, high risk. His life was never boring, he was louder and faster and more carefree than the rest of us. There were any number of incidents along the way, times when he strayed into areas of true danger and yet still losing him now is still a shock. Even in a year that has claimed so many of our best, including now George Michael, Rick Parfitt stands out. I was not ready for this.

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: 4 Benutzer
Was Frsncis heute dazu geschrieben hat:

From Francis Rossi
I was not ready for this. Rick Parfitt had been a part of my story for fifty years. Without doubt the longest relationship of my life: this was also the most satisfying, frustrating, creative and fluid. From those early days, we worked together to create the Quo sound, look and hits. We spent years on the road, on the stage and in the studio, rarely far from each other, honing what we did.
We were a team, a double act, a partnership and yet also two very different people, handling the pressures of growing older, constant touring, dealing with success and keeping the creative flame burning in different ways. He developed his own sound, his own style, casually inspiring a generation of players.
Rick was the archetypal rock star, one of the originals, he never lost his joy, his mischievous edge and his penchant for living life at high speed, high volume, high risk. His life was never boring, he was louder and faster and more carefree than the rest of us. There were any number of incidents along the way, times when he strayed into areas of true danger and yet still losing him now is still a shock. Even in a year that has claimed so many of our best, including now George Michael, Rick Parfitt stands out. I was not ready for this.

• Gefällt mir
R.I.P., Rick... :(

Geiler Proberaum,
geiles Equipment ...

... und was für ein cooler, sympathischer Typ:

• Gefällt mir
David Bowie
Prince
Roger Cicero
Glenn Frey
Keith Emerson
Leonard Cohen
Greg Lake
Leon Russel
George Michael
Rick Parfitt

was für eine Band spielt da im Himmel. Man wird sie nicht mehr live sehen, aber man wird ihre Musik weiter hören, erleben, empfinden ...

Gruß
Ivar

Geiler Proberaum,
geiles Equipment ...

... und was für ein cooler, sympathischer Typ:

das war er auch in echt bei ersten treffen spendierte er mir ein Bier weil ich so nervös war

@ivarniklas warum kommt Rick nach George michael?

• Gefällt mir
John Rhino Edwards, der Bassist, findet auch sehr persönliche Abschiedsworte. Der Song lief bei mir in den letzten Tagen auch öfters:

I first met the hurricane that was Rick Parfitt at a London recording studio in 1985. We hit it off straight away, and since then hardly a day has gone by without thinking about, talking to or seeing him. He made me cry so often, always with laughter, the funniest person I have ever known, then last week for the first time, he made me cry with sadness.
It’s surreal that there’s now an I in the middle of RP.
There are a few of us who knew the Reverend Rock Parfait well, and it was my privilege to be one of them.

We wrote a song together in 2004 called This is me. I’m finding the lyrics very poignant at this time:
I opened up the paper, I was all across the page.
With another Signorita, will I ever act my age?
I alway hurt the people that care for me it’s true, but I can’t help myself, it’s just one of those things I do.
I ain’t no Casanova, not like it reads in the book.
I’m just trying to find this love thing, though it’s taken a long hard look.
If you need your heart breaking you’ve come to the right place, be aware of the buyer beware sign written on my face.
This is me, this is me. What you get is what you see, this is me.
I don’t need your sympathy.
I can’t help what you think of me.
Looking for something.
Laughing at nothing.
Dreaming of what could be.
One day I will meet my fate, complete my destiny.
No pearly gates, angel mates, waiting there for me.
Don’t ask me the reasons why I take it to the wire, I just live it fast, life’s a blast, sometimes you got to play with fire
This is me, this is me. What you get is what you see, this is me.

Love you Ricardo. Rhino xx

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Im März 2018 wird Rick Parfitts Solo-Album "Over and Out" veröffentlicht, an dem er vor seinem Tod gearbeitet hat!

Er hat noch vor seinem Tod seine Gitarren- und Gesangparts aufnehmen können. An der Fertigstellung des Albums in den vergangenen Monaten sind u.a. sein Sohn Rick Parfitt Jr., Brian May von Queen und Chris Wolstenholme von Muse beteiligt gewesen. Auch Alan Lancaster (Originalbassist von Quo) und John Edwards (der aktuelle Bassist) sind auf dem Album vertreten.

http://www.statusquo.co.uk/over-and-out.htm

rpcover500.jpg

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: 4 Benutzer