• Ersteller strogoff
  • Erstellt am
strogoff
strogoff
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Moin,

in der letzten G & B war eine News zu lesen, dass demnächst ein Update für's Polytune downloadbar sein soll. Weiß jemand ein Datum? Durch das Update soll unter Anderem ein Capomode nachgerüstet werden können.

---------- Post hinzugefügt um 12:36:36 ---------- Letzter Beitrag war um 12:28:51 ----------

Das habe ich gerade noch im Netz gefunden, auf deren Facebook Seite:

The update also includes a new 'Capo Mode' that compensates when a capo is being used, and best of all, the update is completely free of charge to all PolyTune users! The software update is available on TC Electronic's website, and it is simple to install via PolyTune's USB port - it's just a matter of hooking up the pedal to a computer and uploading the new software version.

Cool! :)

Eigenschaft

Finde nix dergleichen auf der TC Seite... nur eine iPhone App :ugly:
Hast du evtl. einen Link?

Finde keinen Link zum downloaden der Software :(

Na, die wird ja auch erst noch veröffentlicht :)

Das war ja meine ursprüngliche Frage, ob jemand weiß, wann das sein wird.

Aaaaachsooooooooo :redface:
Ich dachte du hast das schon. Auf der TC Seite steht was von Spring'11, also vermutlich bald :)

Cool!
Hoffentlich sind dann auch die Unterschiede zwischen dem Single und dem Poly-Mode ausgeglichen. Die hinterlassen doch immer eine gewisse Unsicherheit.

Die sollten lieber mal ein Update für Drop-Tunings machen! :gruebel:

Ähm, Chromatisch? ODer meinst du den Polymode?

Cool!
Hoffentlich sind dann auch die Unterschiede zwischen dem Single und dem Poly-Mode ausgeglichen. Die hinterlassen doch immer eine gewisse Unsicherheit.

Aha, ich dachte ich sei allein mit dem Problem. Hoffe ebenfalls, dass sich da was tut.

Wenn ihr das gleiche Problem wie ich meint, dann wird sich da vorerst vermutlich nichts ändern; das ist so gewollt.
Der chromatische Modus hat im Grunde genommen nur eine Genauigkeit von +-3cent, während der Polymode soweit ich mich erinnere +-1cent hat und der Strobemodus +-0,5cent.
Die Genauigkeit vom chrom. Modus wurde so gewählt, damit man noch schneller ein akzeptables Ergebnis erzielen kann, da viele eine zu hohe Genauigkeit abschreckt. Das bedeutet, wenn man im chrom. Modus alle Saiten durchstimmt und dann im Polymode noch einmal nachprüft ist dieser zu genau und zeigt Abweichungen an.

Die einfachste Lösung dafür ist den Strobemode zu verwenden ;) Da klappts perfekt. :D Allerdings dauert da wieder das Stimmen etwas länger, wegen der hohen Genauigkeit.

Stobe Mode? Der Boss-ähnliche? Wieso soll der genauer sein als der mit dem ein-Saiten-Anzeiger? :confused:

Das ist so von TC gewollt, ich häng mal ein kleines Statement von Tore an, der das Ding als Product Manager mitentwickelt hat:

Hi all,

There's been a lot of interest in PolyTune on TGP and a recurring theme is why it isn't as accurate as some of the strobe tuner available and how accurate it really is. So I figured I'd give you bit of inside information from the PolyTune development process and shed some light on some of the thoughts that went into designing the pedal.

I'm the product manager for PolyTune and as such the main responsible for the pedal. I have been working on the project for almost a year and a half - from the initial idea to the finished product - so this information is straight from the horses mouth.

The accuracy of PolyTune, it is indeed +/- 0.5 cents in chromatic mode, but like most other tuners out there we have purposely chosen to have a wider range around the target pitch for each note to make tuning easier.

Without getting too nerdy about how the chromatic tuner in PolyTune works, we've made a sort of software "magnet" or "tractor beam" - designed to give you the sensation that its easy to get the string to pitch without overshooting. When moving towards the pitch there's a high degree of accuracy required, but once you're "in the zone", it will take a little more effort to get it out of the green area again.

I realize that some people swear by their strobe tuners and the increased accuracy they provide and that's great. But from our user tests most guitar players were frustrated even with the 0.5 cent accuracy of the chromatic tuner in PolyTune, finding it hard to get a perfect "green arrow" without constantly overshooting and having to start over. This is why we're using a slightly bigger margin around each target note - something the Boss TU-2, TU-3, Korg PitchBlack and most other tuners out there are also doing.

PolyTune isn't trying to compete with strobe tuners in winning the "accuracy-race". It isn't really harder to do an ultra-precise tuner and all strobe tuners are at least in theory infinitely accurate - it's the display that sets the limit to how small tonal differences can be shown. PolyTune has more than 100 LEDs so that's definitely not what's limiting the precision.

In my opinion, once you get beyond a certain accuracy it gets a little pointless as the guitar is an extremely sensitive instrument that will go several cents flat or sharp just by the amount of pressure you put on the neck, the force you apply to the string, the pressure of your palm on a floating bridge, etc. to warrant ultra-precise accuracy in a tuner. It might be great for setting up intonation, but in a live situation I personally find it total overkill.

That's why our goal with PolyTune was to make a tuner that is precise, feels great (I'm sure most of you have tried tuners where you felt there wasn't a connection between how much you turned the tuning peg and how the tuner reacted to that) and is fast to use in a live situation - which is where the polyphonic tuner really shines. And when striving for that goal, you'll have to find a compromise between precision, speed and ease-of-use.

Back when I was using a strobe tuner I found myself rarely tuning until the movement of the display was absolutely still. Over time I got to know the tuner well enough to know when a little movement was good enough to get back to playing without the singer running out of one-liners or the drummer throwing his last stick at me. So I wasn't really using the accuracy provided, but found a work around to make the tuner usable for me in a live situation. Now, I'm in no way saying that the above applies to everybody, but I know that I've talked to a lot guitar players who feel the same way.

So the philosophy behind PolyTune is that it shouldn't be necessary to learn how to use a tuner, it should work and respond as you expect right out of the box and get the job done as fast as possible with a satisfactory result.

Cheers,
Tore

That's not quite what I'm saying. We definitely use the full range of +/- 0.5 cent accuracy when moving towards the pitch (both from above and below). But once the "tractor beam" (for lack of a better word) has taken you in the "green zone" it'll take more than a 0.5 cent pitch change to take it out of the zone again.

From numerous user tests we found it to be the best compromise bridging the gap between the need for accuracy and precision vs. speed and ease-of-use.

Hey guys,

I probably didn't make that clear enough in my previous post, but the tuner magnet and more "forgiving" green range ONLY applies to the needle tuner. If you choose stream mode, you'll get the full +/- 0.5 cent accuracy.

Cheers,
Tore

Jetzt noch das letzte:

So the stream mode is more accurate than the needle mode? How much is the difference?

So on stage, the needle mode might be easier to tune, it's faster but slightly less accurate.
But for intonation on my guitar, it's is better to use the stream mode?

That's a pretty accurate description.

Needle mode has an accuracy of roughly +/- 2 cents when you get inside the green area... as mentioned before it's 0.5 cents outside the green area.

Stream mode is +/- 0.5 cent, period.

So yeah... if you need extreme accuracy for intonation use stream mode.

Cheers,
Tore

Wer das alles nochmal genau nachlesen will: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=683142

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: 2 Benutzer
Das ist ja interessant! Danke fürs posten! Ich benutze auch den Needle Mode, einfach, weil ich das von meinen alten Stimmgeräten so gewohnt bin. Daher habe ich mich auch immer über die Differenz zwischen Needle und Polymode geärgert, das eine funzt mit dem anderen zusammen einfach nicht. Vielleicht sollte ich mich doch mal an den Strobe Mode wagen... :D

Hab auch komplett auf Strobe umgestellt, gewöhnt man sich super schnell dran. :)

Hab auch komplett auf Strobe umgestellt, gewöhnt man sich super schnell dran. :)

Der Strobemode ist aber hier auch wesentlich leichter für's Hirn, als zum Beispiel beim Boss TU-2, da wurde mir schon mal schwummerig :)

Weiß jemand, wann dieses Update endlich mal rauskommen soll?! Duke Nukem Forever for FX oder was?!?!?:rofl:

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: 2 Benutzer
Der Duke kommt noch vor dem Polytune-Update raus :p

Cool!

Da bin ich absolut deiner Meinung, denn wenn im Polytune-Mode alles perfekt gestimmt erscheint, ist es doch sehr oft so, dass der "Single-Mode" deutliche (wenn auch eher kleine) Abweichungen anzeigt!

Da fällt mir noch eine andere Frage ein: Bei den meisten Tunern kann man ja diese Frequenz (440Hz-445Hz) einstellen. Was macht das für einen Unterschied? Wozu gibts das und wann setzt man da welche FQ ein??