Yamaha APX-500 BL vs. Ibanez AEG-10-EBK (modedit: thread in english)

• Ersteller It's-me
  • Erstellt am
I
It's-me
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Hi !

Does anybody have an opinion on which one is the better one?
I'm thinking of buying a semi-akoustic guitar, and came to those two which might be okay.

What do you think? (I would like to pay max 300 EUR)

Your answers are appreciated!!

Yamaha APX-500 BL

Ibanez AEG-10 EBK

Cheers

Eigenschaft

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Is a Preamp/pickup essential?

In case your general idea about this is "nice to have but not paramount" I'd drop the idea and look for a "pure" acoustic like an art&lutherie. You get more guitar for your money.

Hi! Thanks for your reply.

I guess a pickup is not essential, but I wish to play the Blues.
Have heard that a pickup is nice to have for this style.
Thanks for the tip to check out "Art & Lutherie".

Cheers

You need a pickup if you plan to amplify your guitar with an acoustic amp. If an amp is not in your line drop the pickup and concentrate on the guitar. And this has nothing to do with any style you wish to play. For an Acoustic amp worth the name you need another 200 eur - at least.

Mentioning Blues: maybe a yamaha FG 720 is the right guitar for you. The Art&Lutherie might be to soft and warm. For a proper Blues performance you need a more dirty "bluesy" sound.

Thanks Bernd!
Have been researching the Yamaha FG 720, and see that many people are happy with it and that it is a good price-quality guitar.
I like the shape as well, so even better. :)

Think I might just take it...

You can't go wrong with a Yamaha if it has to be a guitar for less than EUR 300. :)
The FGs are very well built instruments which offer a solid top and thus sound suprisingly well for the money.

Best regards,
Matthias