Atr-25

P
PVC
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Hello everybody,

First of all, sorry that I am not asking my questions in German. Writing German is not really my specialty and I am terrified about making too many errors. But if you want to reply in your mothertongue, please do so because I understand your language rather well. (Like Jean-Marie Pfaff! :D )

I have a (very) old piano with still a wooden frame and "bajonet"-mechanism. So it is far from ideal for making recordings. On top of that, I want to make recordings in my own living room, which makes things even worse. And to round off, I want to record straight onto the hard-disk of my computer. Cheers! :D I was wondering if it would really be worth while to spend 500EUR or more on a couple of "decent" stereo-mics? It sounded so tempting to use a simple and cheap ATR-25 in stead and I have recently bought one to make some "sample"-recordings. Do you think the difference with "decent" mics would be that earth-shocking?

And secondly, could you give me some advice about positioning the mic? I know that normally you have to put your 2 mics quite close to the instrument. But since I think that this would rather be difficult with a single ATR-25, what should I do to get the best results?

Vielen Dank!!!

Peter

Eigenschaft

the ATR-25 is a low price mic for stereo recording. of course you also could use it for bassdrum or vocals, but the result might not be satisfying.
this is because it might be rather noisy when fed with low volume sounds and it produces distortion if the sound is too loud.

I would recommend 2 cariod condenser mics for piano recording positioned just ahead (30 cm) of the strings. The more expensive the mics the less noise you will have which is important for especially low volume recordings