Berlin music shops

E
Erico
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Guten tag,

I understand it seems kind of strange posting in english in a German forum, but let me explain.
I am from Norway, and I'm going to Berlin with my class on Thursday.
We'll have a day off there (Friday or Saturday, I think), and as a musician I'd like to spend that day in music shops.
Problem is, last time I visited Berlin I didn't visit any music shops, so I don't know of anyone =/.
So, if anyone here could recommend me a couple of music shops and their whereabouts it would be fantastic!
Especially if they are fairly central, around Potzdamer Platz/Brandenburger Tor/Friedreichstrasse.
Thanks a lot in advance!

- Erico

(Oh, I'm a guitarist by the way, so with music shops I mean instrument retailers, not CD stores :))

Eigenschaft

Hey.
You can go to sound and drumland in Knaackstr. 97. you have to drive with Tram 12 (direktion Betriebshof Weißensee) from S+U station to U Eberwalder Str. Then you go the Danziger Straße along to Knaack Str. afterwards you go left in the KulturBrauerei.

moin,
there are 2 shops in berlin i would recomend (the spund and drum land is okay but quite expensive...)
k, the fist one is the american guitar shop. a great shop with unique offers (not this standart stuff you´ll find every where) David Lindley said abot this store: "If this store were in California, I´d be there every day!".

stadtplan.gif

the next one deals especially with used gear is checkpoint guitars right at checkpoint charlie in Kochstraße (I don´t know the number but it´s easy to find) you can find find there a lot of fine used gibsons, fenders and vintage effect pedals...

have a nice time in berlin ...

special advice --> the absinth bar at u eberswalderer straße /nearly 60 different absinths :twisted:

Hey,

The Sound and Drumland has another shop which is quite large.
Pariser Straße 9 (From the Gedächtniskirche/Kurfürstendamm about a 10 min. walk)
You walk on Kurfürstendamm (away from the Gedächtniskirche) up to Fasanenstraße. Take a left into it and walk down to Pariser Straße et voilá!
(That's were I go when I'm in Berlin :great: )

Have Fun

BTW.: If you're hungry after testing go to the KaDeWe which is a 5 min. walk from the Gedächtniskirche just in the opposite direction. 6th floor is the food departement with little "shops" were you can eat. I love the italian-corner....

bobbypilot schrieb:
BTW.: If you're hungry after testing go to the KDW which is a 5 min. walk from the Gedächtniskirche just in the opposite direction. 6th floor is the food departement with little "shops" were you can eat. I love the italian-corner....

It's called KaDeWe... There has to be enough time for that...
;) :great: :D

And another shop, not far away from the KaDeWe, near subway-station Nollendorfplatz, Motzstraße 9: http://www.berlin-guitars.com/
Not a big store, but the two nicest and friendliest guitar-sellers in the whole town!
:great: