Dubai Desert Rock 2006

• Ersteller silversurfer
  • Erstellt am
silversurfer
silversurfer
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Tja das Konzert ist natürlich schon vorbei, da wär ich wirklich gern dabei gewesen. :cool:

3 Doors Down, Testament, Reel Big Fish, Saxon, Mannkind

und natürlich Megadeth spielten, wobei hier zum ersten Mal der neue Bassist von
Megadeth James LoMenzo (!) seines zum Besten gab.

Auf seiner Seite meint er dazu:

The Dubai gig was the experience of a lifetime!

I had a fabulous time both on and off the stage. The Megadeth band and crew are not only consumate professionals but they're great people as well. The people who came to the show, promoters, fans were extremely kind and welcoming.

As for your bass question, despite my obsession with my Buzzard basses, I decided to go with my Thumb Bass strictly on the basis that it sounded best in context. Just about every Megadeth song requires playing with a pick which normally works fine on the Buzzard but in this case, the added density of the bubinga body and the single coil jazz type pickups of the thumb just gave the overall sound of the band more power and definition. I used one of Warwicks new Stryker basses for a while because I thought the "Alembic" type construction would more emulate Megadeths sound but after a few rehearsals I found I couldn't get quite as much low frequency "concussion" out of it as I was getting with the Thumb bass. Dave thought the Stryker looked awesome (and I dig the way it looks too) so I'm going to see if I can have Warwick construct one of solid Zebrano (instead of chambered mahogany) with a single coil pick up system and see how cool I can get that to sound.

Was haltet ihr von James, ich finde einen besseren hätte Dave nicht finden können, hoffentlich bleibt er lange bei Megadeth, hoffentlich gibt es wieder ein neues Album und
hoffentlich spielen die auch ein par Gigs in good old Germany.

Bilder gibt's übrigens hier:

(hier nur zwei Auszüge, damit es nicht zu groß wird)

DSC_0149.jpg

wobei ich dem Herrn Chuck Billy dringend raten würde mal etwas abzuspecken.:D

DSC_0345.jpg

Sehr unverändert ist Dave, allein die Matte wirk wie vor 20 Jahren einfach unverändert.:eek:

Mehr dazu:

http://www.phride.com/events.aspx

Eigenschaft

war das nicht das festival, bei dem Saxon der Auftritt verweigert wurde und sie als Rassisten beschimpft wurden??

Ein Tritt in den Arsch der iranischen und amerikanischen Regierung :D

DSC_0059.jpg