• Ersteller Henri_Smit
  • Erstellt am
H
Henri_Smit
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Hey
Would it be a wise decision to buy a EMG 81 pickup to use in my Epi Goldtop. I really love the sound of the EMG pickups, just want to know if it would be worth the trouble.
Thanx

Eigenschaft

Öhm...ich bin mir jetzt nich ganz sicher ob ich mir verarscht vorkommen soll....oder ob das ernst ist...

I am serious. Don't know that much about pickups. just want to know if it is possible, and if so worth it to put an EMG 81 in my Epi Goldtop, thats all.

you can use EMG pick ups in every Guitar.

it is all ok if you use a EMG in your Epi.
I see no problems

sorry my english is...bähh:D

Henri_Smit schrieb:
I am serious. Don't know that much about pickups. just want to know if it is possible, and if so worth it to put an EMG 81 in my Epi Goldtop, thats all.

Sorry,I just wondered,since this is an german messag board and you wrote in Englisch,that confused me a little bit.:redface:
As said you can use them in any Guitar but if you do,you should put two in because it's not that good to run a guitar with one acrive and one passive Pickup.It's possible but the Emg will be much louder than the the other pu.And since we're talking about a Les Paul you need special longshaft potis(Volume and tone).I'd recommend to buy an Emg Zakk wylde Set because it contains two active pu's and the required potis.

My friend introduced me to your site, he is German, i understand most German, still learning. So sorry, but you are the only people who actualy know what you are talking about, that is why i ask you. ;)

My english is very bad, but i try.

I think the Epiphone Goldtop has P90 PickUps. ANd this PickUps have another size as an EMG. I think that would be a problen. But i am not sure.

[EDIT] I believe, that EMG have special EMG PickUps with the P90 size. But i am not sure.

Henri_Smit schrieb:
My friend introduced me to your site, he is German, i understand most German, still learning. So sorry, but you are the only people who actualy know what you are talking about, that is why i ask you. ;)

So where do u come from? :)

beatzstruck schrieb:
My english is very bad, but i try.

I think the Epiphone Goldtop has P90 PickUps. ANd this PickUps have another size as an EMG. I think that would be a problen. But i am not sure.

[EDIT] I believe, that EMG have special EMG PickUps with the P90 size. But i am not sure.

Die Goldtop gibts auch mit normalen Humbuckern

@Henry: Which Goldtop got you? With P-90 Single Coils or Humbuckers?
If you got Humbuckers there would be no Problem.

Greetings Ibanezzer

Ibanezzer schrieb:
Die Goldtop gibts auch mit normalen Humbuckern

@Henry: Which Goldtop got you? With P-90 Single Coils or Humbuckers?
If you got Humbuckers there would be no Problem.

Greetings Ibanezzer

Hast ja Recht Bernd ;)

Ne schön wärs. Bernd würde niemals Ibanezzer, als sein Nicknamen wählen. :) Wenn dann Gibsonkrack. :D

I am from South Africa.I hace the Humber model. I'm not shure what type, that is if there is a differance between humbuckers. I bought my Goldtop at a shop and it has Gibson Designed pickups in, not shure which ones, all the others had soap bar pickups, and this one soundes MUCH better. So if there is indeed a differancec in sizes etc. i'll try to find out which ones they are.

i think a picture would help a lot!
and if you have humbuckers in you lp it won´t be a problem, as some others said already

If you got this Epiphone with P90 Pickups you would have a problem:
http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=50&CollectionID=6

But if your Epiphone got these kind of Pickups then there will be no problem to change them with EMGs:
http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=212&CollectionID=6

But I would change both Pickups, because there would be a volume difference between the two.
I would recommend you this EMG Zakk Wylde set:
http://www.emgpickups.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Guitar&categoryid=6&catalogid=3

beatzstruck schrieb:
Hast ja Recht Bernd ;)

Ne schön wärs. Bernd würde niemals Ibanezzer, als sein Nicknamen wählen. :) Wenn dann Gibsonkrack. :D

Nö, bin leider nicht Bernd ;)

Aber er ist mein Vorbild und spielt meine Traumgitarre (die Gibson Melody Maker auf meinem Avatar)

@ Henry: A picture of your guitar would be a help for us.

Extremist, i have the second one on that list, just with other pickups. So then it will owrk, thanx to you all. And yes, i was actually thinking of getting that ZAKK WYLDE (81 and 85) set, SOUNDS SOOOOO GREAT!!!
Thanx again

Hm...Emg's in a goldtop :D . It might look some kind of strange but true - the set EMG 81/85 is the right decision. You'll get a freakin' kick ass rock guitar out of that - i promise.

I dont think it will look strange at all :twisted: The pickups I have at the moment are black (Gibson), and they look totally sick! So I think the EMG ones should look even better :rolleyes: Last question, in the ZAKK WYLDE set, which one is the bridge and which one is the neck pickup? Can I choose?

Henri_Smit schrieb:
I dont think it will look strange at all :twisted: The pickups I have at the moment are black (Gibson), and they look totally sick! So I think the EMG ones should look even better :rolleyes: Last question, in the ZAKK WYLDE set, which one is the bridge and which one is the neck pickup? Can I choose?

The 85-er ist for the neck-position , 81-er is for the bridge-position.
if u switch them it will sound ''wrong'' :D

No, I know it would sound "wrong" because the they are differan , I was asking if there two sets. If you can choose the bridge and neck pickup. Thanx anyhow