Hätte ger Infos über die Squier II Strat, (leider wech)

• Ersteller das tob
  • Erstellt am
das tob
das tob
Mod Emeritus
Ex-Moderator
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Eigenschaft

danke epi.
@ray
Nö der link is weg, weil anscheinend verkauft.(Hab ihn leider nicht abgelegt)
Dachte gestern noch: soll ich oder soll ich nicht.?
Nun, Squier II sagt mir nix.

schick,ist dem Preis durchaus angemessen wie ich finde

das tob schrieb:
danke epi.
@ray
Nö der link is weg, weil anscheinend verkauft.(Hab ihn leider nicht abgelegt)
Dachte gestern noch: soll ich oder soll ich nicht.?
Nun, Squier II sagt mir nix.

Ich hab grad nach beendeten Auktionen mit Stichwort Squier II gesucht, da kommen aber nur nichtdeutsche eBay Angebote.

Das einzige deutsche mit II ist das:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46647&item=7315854939&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Preislich und vom Datum her auch die, aber ohne II

EDIT: doch mit II, nur nicht im Text :)

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46647&item=7318495760&rd=1

PS: Squier II ist ne gebräuchliche Bezeichnung, wobei ich grad vergessen hab, ob das offiziell ist oder nicht. Weiss nimmer, ob damit einfach Squier neueren datums gemeint sind oder alle Squier China/Indonesien. Aber irgendwo in er Fender Info Base stehts...

EDIT: hab mal schnell im Fendergate gefragt. Dauert bissel mit Antwort, da sind nicht so viele Leute. Dafür weiss Mr. Nocaster annähernd alles :)

war ne Korea-Strat, (bin mir aber nicht ganz sicher), Mitte/Anfang der 80er.
Schon ziemlich vergilbt, aber durchaus gepflegt.
Eigentlich bin ich wieder mal auf der Suche nach nem Maple-Neck.

Die Strat war auch gar nicht als solche deklariert.
Das sind dann immer die spannendsten. :)

Yaaa, die zweite isses :great:
Und?
was meinst Du?

edit. Mist. wurde doch gekauft. :(
wo hastn den Link her?

beendete Auktionen durchsuchen

ghet seit nen paar Monaten

war echt ein Schnaepchen

Boah,sieht die weiße Strat geil aus!!!Für mich als Malmsteen Fan ein absoluter Traum,wenn jetzt noch das Griffbrett gescalloped wär...(Träum....)

ET schrieb:
war echt ein Schnaepchen

Bin mir da noch nicht sicher. Seriennummer M und Squier II spricht für Squier 1992/93 non japan.

Dann wärs grade mal ok.

Die Angaben von wegen in den 80ern gekauft...keine Ahnung, ob das stimmt. Wäre komisch.

Ray schrieb:
Link?

Muss doch noch da sein...

Boarrrrrrrf, meine Traumgitarre. Die blaue Translucent Protone mit Perloid PG ist einfach die schickste. Und dann noch Hot Noiseless und Trimlocks...

Herr, wirf Geld herab....

also entweder ich habe die versteckte ironie nicht verstanden
oder es ist sehr sympatisch und menschlich, dass "der große ray" eine squier als "traumgitarre" hat. :) :)

crashonline schrieb:
also entweder ich habe die versteckte ironie nicht verstanden
oder es ist sehr sympatisch und menschlich, dass "der große ray" eine squier als "traumgitarre" hat. :) :)

Keine Ironie.

Im gegenteil, ich bin hier als Protone-Hyper verschrien. Ne Zeitlang hab ich regelmässig eBay Auktionen dazu gepostet, falls jemand Interesse an einer guten billigen Klampfe hat.

Ich spiel übrigens selber eine Squier Protone Tele....und die steht auch ganz oben mit auf meiner Liste.

http://www.guitarmaniacs.de/html/users/ray/ray-gitarre-squier.shtml

@tob

Ein paar Impressionen und Infos. Zum Teil auch über andere Serien, ist ganz interessant.

----schnipp-------

From what I remember Squier IIs were the Affinity series of their time. However they are VERY wide in their quality differences. Some are good, but as a general rule stay well clear of anything that was Made in India.

Probably worth $100, but I personally wouldn't buy a Squier II sight unseen.

The only Squiers I can remember seeing without scratchplates are things like the Stage/Showmasters or the old Heavy Metal series.

---------schnapp-----------

Squier IIs were made from the late 80's thru the first few years of the 90's. Made in Korea.

Im no good at dating via serial number, but they are plywood with a thinner body.

My first guitar was a black squier II strat and I love the heck out of it. I recently a/b'ed it with a 2000 MIM Standard Strat and the pickups were almost the same.

Who cares what it says on the headstock, as long as you are happy.

-----------schnupp---------

I have a squier II made in korea. the serial number is M1084311. This is truly an awesome sounding stock guitar. I've played many guitars over the years.

-------schnippel--------------
You're right about the neck being important. With the right neck, and pickups, even a plywood Squier II body would sound good. If you have small hands you might want to get the Standard Thin necks but it might also be worth a visit to your local guitar shop to try out differant ones; particularly the signature models because then you can tell Warmoth that you like, for instance, the Clapton neck profile, or the SRV...

-------schnappel----------------

I have a Fender Squier II korean strat that I bought in 1991 from Guitar Center ($149). Its frosted pearl white, no pickguard, S-S-H configuration. Its plywood with a maple neck and fingerboard. SN: E984697. If anyone can locate where to obtain information on these Korean made strats I would greatly appreciate it.

---------Beisskante-------

I just purchased a Squire/Squier II Strat for $150 with serial number S916690. Is it worth it? I'm a lefty and the guitar is a righty. I'm considering making it a lefty (a la Hendrix). Also, can anyone tell what year the guitar was made?

-------------hau wech fetz ratz fatz----------

Care should be taken with some of the late 80's / early 90's Korean Squires. The bulk of these were plywood bodies with "generally" sub-par pickups / electronics. In particular, AVOID the Squier II models - just a poor guitar all around. I have been far more impressed with the current standard Squier stratocaster. The fit and finishes are very good, the pickups are adequate and the 22 fret necks are comfortable to play (keeping in mind that they are a little narrower at the nut - as mentioned above) . Whether they hold up on a gig is subjective - I'll let those that own and use them answer that - but when playing one of them in the guitar shop, I was impressed off the hop.

The best Squier Guitars are without a doubt the early JV / SQ from 83/84 - often they are just like playing a "real" old Fender. (-and some of the JV's feature US-made parts!) These guitars were short lived and due their scarcity there has been quite a spike in their prices.

Another good series, which IMHO are a very good buy are the Korean made PRO - TONE series. Again, these were a short run (1996-97 only) - but all featured solid alder / ash bodies, 21 fret neck. aLnIcO pickups and a slightly flatter (9.5) neck radius.

If memory serves correct, there are about 7 models.

TELECASTERS:
-A Fat Telecaster - Ash body, natural finish, Tortoise pick-guard and neck position humbucker pick-up. ROSEWOOD fretboard only.
-A Thinline Tele - Ash body with F hole, transparent red finish, gold hardware, standard pick-up configuration, and pearloid oblong pickguard MAPLE neck only.

STRATOCASTERS - Alnico pickups, vintage style tremolo

-White with matching Headstock paint, shell guard ROSEWOOD fingerboard
-3 tone Sunburst with Pearloid guard ROSEWOOD fingerboard
-Transparent deep blue finish, GOLD hardware, MAPLE neck
-Transparent deep red finish, GOLD hardware, ROSEWOOD board.

FAT STRATOCASTER - Humbucking bridge pickup, Black finish with matching headstock, gold hardware, flatter (12") radius, zero-fret locking tremolo (licenced Floyd ??).

I have owned the FAT telecaster, and it was fine guitar - not too heavy either!

--------ritsch--------------

It all depends the year of manufature and the country where they are from.

The first series ever made VQ and SQ where import from the States and were three pieces of Alder.
After that (84 onward) Japanese Squiers were all made out of Basswood, which is a great light wood similar to Alder.
Korean Strats is a different ball game, at first 87-90 were all made out of Ply-Wood which does not qualify as wood after that I think that were made of whatever they could find, (real wood though).
For a short period of time were also made in India but the project was soon abbandoned for very poor quality (see Squier II). Then Indonesia came into game with Agathis wood which is a light version of Mahogany, but I find the finish to be the cheapest ever! Then China start to made some Strats and with my surprise they made some very good quality, for istance the 2 and 3 tone sunburst and sienna burst are made out of Alder, but I also saw some cake layers chinese Squier not plywood but the concet was similar out of three pieces of wood.

The best Squier ever produced (other than the early Jap-US) were the 96-98 Korean Pro-Tone Squiers all made out of Swamp Ash, what beauties, not only that but the Alnico Pro pick ups were definitely killer!

-----------ratsch----------

Squier II's were made in the late 80's/early 90's.

Most had plywood bodies and were a lot thinner than the MIM or MIA bodies.

My first guitar was a Squier II strat. Still have it and 14 years later (wow - this month!), it's still my favorite neck.

They were kind of the Affinity of their time. I'd guess it's worth about $200 at most.

--------nail here [] for new monitor-------------

Here's my take, in order of preference based on my personal use and experience:

1. Made in Japan, JV, E and SQ series
2. Korean Protone
3. Standard Series
4. Affinity series
5. Korean and Indian Squier II's from late 80's

I haven't played any of the early 90's Korean Squiers, so unfortunately I can't compare your current axe to what you might purchase.

The late 80's Squier II's are not worth your attention. The current Standards and Affinites are pretty nice guitars but may need some TLC (fret ends can be a bit jagged). The biggest selling points of acquiring a MIJ or MIK guitar is the slightly wider neck and the abundance of actual Fender USA parts used on them, especially the Japanese Squiers. I have found that Standard and Affinity necks are far too narrow for my fat fingers.

As for woods, most MIJ strats were basswood. Early Koreans were laminated, whereas the Protone's were almost all made of ash. Agathis and Alder are used now on the Affinities and Standards.

Conventional wisdom says that Alder and Ash will sound the best, but that's primarily because they will sound like a familiar strat should since the woods are the same as used on the original USA bodies. Agathis produced great tone when I had a Telecaster with that body and my basswood MIJ strat is still my favorite of all my strats but it's sound is mellower than a lively ash or alder bodied guitar.

---------wer hat bis hierher durchgehalten? :)--------------

Schwedenshredder schrieb:
Boah,sieht die weiße Strat geil aus!!!Für mich als Malmsteen Fan ein absoluter Traum,wenn jetzt noch das Griffbrett gescalloped wär...(Träum....)

Also DAS ist ja wohl ein machbares Problem :rolleyes: :D

Die hatten wohl alle den selben Gedanken.
hau wech den Body, und behalt den Neck.
Ob die mit einer "Current" Affinity zu vergleichen ist, na ich weiss nicht.
Schlimmer gehts ja gar net mehr. Edit. grad der Hals.
Aber der Neck, mit dem etwas dickeren C-shape.... :)(sofern mich mein Auge nicht täuscht)

Also ich war mit meinem US Fender-93er Modern C-Neck nicht sehr glücklich.
Obwohl der bei Ebay einen Rekordpreis erzielte:)