Hitec Information (M-I Plus)

H
hageir
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Güten abend, mit nahme ist Geir frän Reykjavík, Ísland.
Ich sprache kleine Deutsch; Islandisch bist eine Germanische sprach!

Switching to English now;
my father found this awesome late 80s Master Keyboard / Sequencer. I took it to my studio and I can't wait to try that sequencer part of it.
It's a very interesting unit, looks it's composed of the AC 1 (Arranger Composer), an EC 3 (marked EC 2 on the PCB) which are the original 19" rack units, just fashioned differently and combined into this humongous sequencer/keyboard!

On the far end there is a smaller unit, which has MIDI IN & Out and some 1/4" Jacks.. I used a MIDI Monitor externally and it sends MIDI information there as well.

I work with repairing synthesizers so I just opened it to check it (dusty!) and I need to replace the El-foil on the LCD screens as they're almost out and barely readable...

But my oh my, that operating system is quite cryptic without the manual.

I did find some articles on it from old Magazine Keyboards (archived).

If anyone has a manual, for especially the AC 1 that would be amazing!

Vielen danke,

-Geir Helgi
hitec1.jpghitec2.jpghitec3.jpghitec4.jpghitec5.jpeg

Anhänge

• Hitec AC-1 kb198903110.pdf
    3 MB · Aufrufe: 63
  • Hitec EC 1 kb198702066.pdf
    3,6 MB · Aufrufe: 58
Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Hello Geir, welcome to our Community of the Musiker-Board! :hat:

Congratuliations to your keyboard from late 80ies. Obvisously you found this old magazines articles to tell something about the instrument. Indeed there's not much to find in the internet nowadays about it.
I found at a different forum some lines about this Hitec. The author got it from his keyboarder around 2020, when it was already abondened 18 years ago. It was bought new in 1989 for some 3.300 DM (nearly 1.500 Euro). The keyboard action seems to be impressive, described as "best he'd ever seen", no clacking or wear and of solid construction. The Problem is, there is no information left to program this keyboard.
https://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/threads/hitec-m1-masterkeyboard.55513/

Sorry, I accidentally dumped one of your PDF when I reformatted your pictures to fit nicely below of your article.
So, of course you could upload this PDF again. Each Article can be edited by its author after first publishing for 12 hours.

Claus

Zuletzt bearbeitet: