• Ersteller svenbeckers
  • Erstellt am
S
svenbeckers
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Hello,

Does anyone own a fender 400 pro combo ?
I have a problem with it. There are 2 leds that control the input gain :
- preamp clip (red)
- preamp signal (green or yellow)
The manual states that the "preamp signal-light" should be constantly illuminated at moderate playing levels. Since I own a fender jazz upgraded with a j-retro, i turn on the active button. Now, the "preamp signal-light" only flashes occasionally when I turn the input gain knob almost all the way up. Is this normal ? I'm sure the battery in my bass is brandnew (I changed it to be sure) and my volume on the retro is at 80-85%. This should suffice to get a knockout input signal, no ? I'm afraid i'm not getting all I can from my amp although the volume is ok, it's a beast but I think it will sound better if I can get the input right. Would it be ok if I try to get what I want by putting the amp in passive mode or am i killing the amp or cab if i do that ?

Eigenschaft

Using passive mode should be no problem.

Just turn Gain up slowly, while plugged in in passive mode. There should be no danger to damage anything, you'll hear some kind of overdrive sound if the gainlevel is too high. Just have a try

Eidt: Pommes is probably right ;)