Kaufberatung: Epiphone Tribute+ or Faber LSC Les Paul (advice needed)

T
torta
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Hello,
I am sorry ... the post is in english ... I dont speak german very well.
I need advice regarding the choice between Epi Les Paul tribute+ and Faber LSC.
I am interested in general workmanship diffrences/quality and would like to know what kind of neck shape (thick or thin, C od D) these two guitars have.
Thanks for any input.

Eigenschaft

Sorry, can't comment on the Fabers. As for the Epis, there are different Tribute models out there, but the current "Tribute Plus" line seems to feature slim taper "D" neck profiles (according to Sweetwater, that is). I own two older "Tributes 2010" with overall build quality being excellent. I always hand over new guitars to a tech for in-depth set up/reworking and he was quite pleased with them, telling me there was not much to do on them.

I think there are different Faber Series out there now, 2 years ago i tried a Les Paul Model from Faber in a store but wasn't impressed, playability and sound were nothing special or inspiring.

These were the Chinese Models back then, now they are made in Korea and might be better, but i can't guarantee that of course.

An additional alternative would be the Cort CR Series, maybe a Cort CR 250 or 280.
These models have a good reputation and i read some good reviews about them.

For example

https://www.thomann.de/de/cort_classic_rock_cr280_csb.htm

I think there are different Faber Series out there now, 2 years ago i tried a Les Paul Model from Faber in a store but wasn't impressed, playability and sound were nothing special or inspiring.

These were the Chinese Models back then, now they are made in Korea and might be better, but i can't guarantee that of course.

An additional alternative would be the Cort CR Series, maybe a Cort CR 250 or 280.
These models have a good reputation and i read some good reviews about them.

For example

https://www.thomann.de/de/cort_classic_rock_cr280_csb.htm

Thank you for answers.
I have tried Cort, but craftsmanship was kind of poor.

Well, i have 3 Corts and they are very good .. but mine are older ones from Korea. The new ones are built in Indonesia.

If it doesn't need to be a Les Paul Shape you could check out this model

http://www.musicworldbrilon.de/deanjapanhardtailprobware-53155.html

It's an exhibition model with some traces of use but for an excellent price.
These are made in Japan (Fujigen Factory) and were around 1800€ new.

Well, i have 3 Corts and they are very good .. but mine are older ones from Korea. The new ones are built in Indonesia.

If it doesn't need to be a Les Paul Shape you could check out this model

http://www.musicworldbrilon.de/deanjapanhardtailprobware-53155.html

It's an exhibition model with some traces of use but for an excellent price.
These are made in Japan (Fujigen Factory) and were around 1800€ new.

Thanks ... there are only Indonesian Corts here. And I want traditional LesPaul - I dont like new guitar shapes ;)

It'll be hard to find much of LPs which have the original body-shaping.
Epiphones or japanese law-suit Les Pauls (Greco, Tokai, Edwards, Orville, Ibanez) are a few brands. I don't think there's any more...

But if you're thinking about Epiphone or Faber, than i would go for one of those Fabers. Or (in another price range) look for the elitist series (japan made) Epiphones. Great guitars in one league with Gibson's USA Std. Made Series (not CustomShop!).

check out vintage guitars. The Icon series les paul models look nearly the same and the quality is better than most of the epiphone paulas. Those guitars normally come with a smooth nitro finish (if prefer that coat of lacquer) and they're not expensive. In germany you have to pay about 300 to 450 euros.