Marshall MG oder Crate G412 Cab?

• Ersteller Henri_Smit
  • Erstellt am
H
Henri_Smit
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
I'm English, this is my friend's username. So I'm making it simple. MG Cab or Crate Cab, I'm going to buy the Crate GT1200H (topteil) or GT212 (combo) still deciding. Its the only two cabs I can get and will be able to pay for. So please do not throw in any suggestions, only between the two, Marshall MG412 oder Crate G412 Cab?
Kind Regards

Eigenschaft

Hi,
If I were you, I wouldn't either buy the GT1200H, nor the GT212, nor the MG100. In my opinion those amps aren't useful for practising at home, because they are too big and you can't really use them in a Band. Another disadvantage of the amps you mentioned, is that they are to expansive.
You can get cheaper ones, which have a better sound (especially better distortion), for example the peavey bandit 112. This amp would be my favourite in this price range.

But if it's so important for you to have a Marshall or a H&K (keep in mind that the amps you mentioned are no "real" Marshalls or H&Ks refering to the typical sound), than I would take the GT212 Combo. But neverthess the peavey bandit is my favourite and I would take this amp.

Hope I could help ya!
Kind Regards

Things is, I live in South Africa. Our prices are VERY weird. Some prices are VERY high and others suprisingly LOW. The Peavy Bandit and the Crate GT212 costs exactly the same. So knowing this, would you still go for the PEAVY? Another thing, how does the GT212 compare with the GTX212? Is it only the effects? Or are there some other differances? Thanx for the help

South Africa? Thats cool... Saron Gas / Seether rules! ;)

The Peavy Bandit and the Crate GT212 costs exactly the same. So knowing this, would you still go for the PEAVY?
I would definitely not buy the MG100.
It doesn't matter weather you take the G212 or the bandit.
You should try out both amps and buy the amp you better like. When you can get the GTX (good effects and a better sound) for the same price, then buy the GTX.