Rausch bei Aufnahmen

P
PVC
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Hello!

(sorry, I'm better in English...)

When I want to record sound onto my computer, the noise level keeps running too high to my liking. Does this have anything to do with the (useless?) pre-amp of my PC? I have noticed that the noise level is better when I reduce the PC input volume to a minimum and boost my mic signal with an external amplifier. But then again, the quality is still not good enough. By the way, I am using an ATR-25, but I can not believe that this is the main problem. On top of that I am using all brand new cables and sockets of good quality. :(

Peter

Eigenschaft

Lost Prophet
Lost Prophet
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
I might also be your soundcard. These Onbard soundcards aren't usually meant for recoding, and their preamps and alos but I don't know if thats the deal in your case....

P
PVC
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
I'm afraid that you may be right. Thanks for your answer anyway!
:D

Peter

H
Hans_3
High Competence Award
HCA
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Rausch bei Aufnahmen

... hab ich auch manchmal... hicks... und Happy New Year. :D

(welcome ... and sorry for that little joke, PVC - as your question has been technically answered, I'm ready to go for the real word. Germans have a "Rausch" when they are frenzy, drunk or high.)

S
specialermer
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
ok, i try to write in english. it´s a problem of your soundcard, i think. you need a recording soundcard, like this: http://www.musik-service.de/ProduX/Recording/Computer/TerraTec_Phase_22.htm
to get useful records. the quality is much better than your old soundcard. the best quality will you get if you use a preamp for your mic. i hope you can understand this, because my englisch is not very well.

@hans_3 geht mir auch so, nur nun zum glück kein restalkohol mehr. frohes neues.

Radarfalle
Radarfalle
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
It could also be a problem with the powersupply. When I tried to record with my Notebook I had terrible noise on the record. But when I have pulled the powerplug out and ran it on accupower the noise has gone.

P
PVC
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Hips!!! (sorry... too much Belgian beer....) :p

I'll try to give my German a refresher, I promise!

By the way, thanks for your help!

Peter

A
absinthe
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
you could as well cut the high frequenzes ( over 8 kHz ??... I don't now it exactly, just try ... ) , and use an noise gate. 'Should kill the noiseparts between your licks.