Adadepot down. Weiß jemand warum?

Schoto
Schoto
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Ich hab mir einen ADA MP-2 gekauft (kommt in den nächsten Tagen) und wollte eigentlich mal bei ADAdepot nach Anleitung und Mod gucken. Ich komme aber seit ein paar Tagen nicht auf die Seite, weil der Server nicht gefunden wird. Weiß einer von euch, ob das ein Dauerzustand ist, oder ob die Seite nur vorübergehend offline ist?

Eigenschaft

ich schätze es ist wegen eines updates, aber ich habe dem admin mal ne nachricht geschickt greets

hier nun die info des admins:

Hi Felix,

indeed, our server totally crashed. I knew this was coming, and had arranged professional hosting and just managed to transfer backups.
But the backups are corrupted and cannot be unpacked, so unless I manage to manually fix them, I'll have to wait another two weeks for SAN to return from vacation, as the old server resides at his house.

I will put you in the mailing list I'm using to notify mainstayers about the progress - or lack thereof..

The depot will be back, but unfortunately only with this serious delay.

/van

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: 2 Benutzer
Hey, vielen dank für die Infos.

hier nochmal ein update, dass ich über die mailinglist des forums reinbekommen habe:

Not too good, on the short term..

We got the server back up yesterday, did a lot of upgrades in the hope this would beef up stability so I could get the backups done.
But damn, the vmware layer crashed again, taking the remote connection server down, so I'm back to being unable to connect.

I almost had one of the two backups done. If only it would survive one backup at a time, I could shut down te vmware layer while doing the upload, and then rinse and repeat for the next.

The server is planned to be relocated to Peter's house, so it can be rebooted as needed, but this cannot be done until April 5th, due to busy job schedules.
Still.. it may not even be stable long enough to get the backups done, so..

I'm also thinking of simply having the disks sent to me, but it may prove quite difficult running the vmware layer on disks connected to a different pc.

Or load the vmware site/forum image from the disks into a vmware workstation on a pc, but this may likewise prove problematic, due to age differences from the old unsupported vmware server to the current workstation version.

I'm going to have a chat with a dude I know who's a vmware expert. We'll see..

Not only is it most troublesome having the site/forum down for such a long time, but also outright Bad Timing (well, isn't it always..)
Seems I'm close to a new job, likely starting from April, and once again a fairly demanding one. Had a great relaxed interview yesterday, next up Monday.
When the job starts, I'll have to focus more on my sports than music, for keeping my mind sanitized and the body fit and avoid cracking up again ;)

Yup, the depot will be up again, but things aren't looking smooth ATM..

wenn irgendwer da helfen möchte, kann ich den kontakt zum admin weitergeben..

greets

update: der original admin "van sin" sollte eigentlich die hdd an mjmp (der typ der auch den modshop betreibt) schicken, damit dieser das nochmal zusammen bastelt und es danach wieder online geht. allerdings ist da nichts geschehen. der original admin meldet sich laut mjmp nicht, bzw. antwortet nicht auf mails und naja, leider hat der mjmp auch keine zugangsdaten für die domain, um wenigstens ein übergangsforum auf die seite zu machen oder eine info, oder links zu dateien, die neue user gebrauchen könnten...

es gibt ne facebook gruppe, die dafür da sein soll, das sich da die user sammeln, um gemeinsam wieder einer neuen seite, vorzugwseise dem originalen "depot" beizutreten. wen's interessiert: http://www.facebook.com/groups/361552303897317/