Konfiguration der Expression-Pedale (FCB1010 + G-Major)

• Ersteller HotHead
  • Erstellt am
HotHead
HotHead
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
N'Abend,

im Prinzip sagt der Titel schon alles. Ich möchte die beiden Expression Pedale der Behringer FCB1010-Fußleiste nutzen, um auf der einen einen Whammy-Bar-Effekt liegen zu haben, und auf der anderen im Prinzip die "Volume".

Mein Rack sieht folgendermaßen aus (midifiziert):

- Hughes & Kettner Tubeman Plus (Midi-Eingang: Midi In)
- TC Electronics G-Major (Midi-Eingang: Midi In; Midi-Ausgang: Midi-Thru)
- Behringer FCB1010 Fußleiste (Midi-Ausgang: Midi Out).

Die verwendeten Midi-Buchsen stehen hintendran in Klammern, sowohl G-Major als auch Tubeman Plus ist auf "Omni" gestellt. Meine gespeicherten Presets kann ich auch wunderbar per Taste ändern (also gleichzeitg bei Tp & G-M), die Expression-Pedale bekommen ich allerdings nicht zum laufen, vor allem, weil ich keine Zeit habe, mich mehr als eine Dreiviertelstunde mit den drei Handbüchern 'rumzuschlagen.

Also, kann mir jemand von euch erklären, wie ich die Dinger einstelle (und dazu gleich noch den Whammy-Bar-Effekt im G-Major aktiviere)? Wäre euch zutiefst verbunden....

Grüße:

Hannes

Eigenschaft

Kannst Du englisch? ;)

Du brauchst beim EPROM im FCB1010 mindestens die Version 2.3 oder so.
Weiss es leider nicht mehr genau...

Das habe ich aus der FCB1010-Yahoo-Group (viel Spass!):

EDIT: Falls das nicht reicht, kannst Du mir per PM Deine e-MailAdresse schicken und ich sende Dir ein pdf-File, in welchem ebenfalls was darüber steht.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Hi,

This is an example of how to succesfully use the FCB1010 with the G-Major (Well, at least, it was succesfull for me !).
Before getting into programing details, let's get an overall description of what my FCB does :

- I don't use the Direct Select mode. All the presets of my FCB send Program Change messages. I use them to access the use presets of the G-Major.

- I enabled the exp pedals for all my presets. For those who have troubles with it, you'll find some guidelines later.

- I set the presets of the FCB to send a program change message AND an alternate Control Change message at the same time. The first control change is the same as the one programed in the preset of the G-Major, and the second is different.
To illustrate this feature, I often use it to engage the "Boost" mode of the G-Major. I configured this function to be controlled by the Cc n°20 (refer to the G-Major manual if you don't know how to do so). So I set my FCB to send Cc 20 value 0 the first time I hit the button (this also recalls the preset, if you're following me), and the Cc 20 value 127 the second time.
Depending on the preset I control the "boost" function, the channel switching feature of the G-Major on my amp, the OD switching feature (more on that later too), or the effect block on/off feature...

So, you got it, I have the FCB to recall the 100 user patches of the G-Major plus to real-time control 3 parameters of the preset (2 exp pedals + 1 switch). I find it great and very easy to use (I'm also a singer so the less I tap-dance the better I sing ;o) )
Some people condemned a part of the pedals of each bank to make them "control change specific", i.e. presets 1 to 5 of each bank send Program Changes, presets 6 to 10 send only control changes. This solution seems a bit too much compromised to me, as you only get access to 50 presets of your G-Major if you do so... And, to me, you never get enough presets !!! But thats my point of view, your mileage may vary...

And now, the details : BE CAREFULL, YOU HAVE TO RUN THE FCB WITH THE LATTEST VERSION OF THE SOFWARE TO DO SO !!!
The very basics you have to understand is that you can adjust "Global Setup" parameters, that will apply to every presets of the FCB. That's, for example, the MIDI channel on which each message is sent. You get 10 messages available at a time, for each preset of the FCB, being of 3 types : program change (5 possible for each preset, but only 1 at a time should be send to the G-Major), control change (2 "static" ones possible for each preset, but only one static usable for the G-Major - you'll get it when I'm over- and 2 continous controllers - pedals, you name it- and note (unusefull in our case).
You can also adjust "Preset Setup" parameters, such as which message have to be sent when recalling a preset of the FCB1010, and with which parameter (Control change n°0 to 127, value 0 to 127). This is very important, because you'll recall the preset of the FCB AND the preset of the G-Major at the same time. The fact that when you press button 3 of bank 0 on the FCB, the preset 03 of the G-Major is being recalled is due to the fact that you've recalled preset 03 of the FCB, which contains (amongst others) a message called Program Change N°03. This is fully adjustable and pressing button 3 of bank 0 could, if you want, recall preset n°39 of the G-Major.
This was just to make sure everybody understood the "double programming" factor, which is not easy at first...

- To be able to send an alternate Cc message with the FCB (Which is the only Cc message the G-Major understands), you have to :
* In the Global Setup (press the "Down" button while powering the FCB), set the button 6 and 7 the work on the same MIDI channel (according to the one you use on the G-Major).
* In the Preset Setup (long-press the "Down" button while on the preset you want to modify, and then press "Up" once to leave the relay switches section), activate both Cc 1 and Cc 2 functions by pressing button 6 and 7 for 1 second each (until the leds lit up). There respective LEDs must be on. Then press switch 6 briefly and press "Up" to configure it. It's LED will start blinking. With the pedal A select the Cc number you want to send (Ex : I set my G-Major to understand Cc n° 20 as "Preset Boost" message in the "MOD" section. RTFM ! If you're lazy, just set a Cc number that is not already used and use the "learn" function of the G-Major). Press "Up" when done. The set the Cc Value that will be send the first time you press the switch. For example, if your Cc Number is affected to a "block on/off" function, set the first value to 127, so that when you recall the preset the block will be on. If you use this Cc number to control the preset boost, set the first value to 0 so that the boost is not engaged when you recall the preset.
Now press briefly the switch 7 and press "Up", and select the same Cc number as the one you've selected for the switch 6. Press "Up" to confirm, and then select the value opposite to the one you've set for pedal 6 (127 if 0, 0 if 127, do you read me ?).
Save your changes by pressing "Down" for more then 2.5 seconds. You win !!!
Now, admitting that you've worked on preset n°3 and set the Cc number on 20, and that you've set the G-Major to engage/disable the Boost function with Cc n)20, the first time you press button 3 in Bank 0, Preset 3 of the G-Major is recalled. The second time you press it, the boost is engaged. The third time, boost is disabled. The fourth time.... Get the picture ?

- To be able to use Exp pedal B, follow these guidelines :
* First of all, go through the calibration routine (You'll find it in the manual, I think...)
* In the Global setup of the FCB, check the midi channels affected to both your pedals. They must be set on the same channel as the G-Major. I personaly use the G-Major on "Omni" mode because this is the only MIDI device I control with the G-Major.
* In the preset setup (select the preset you want to change and press the "down" button for 2.5 s... Read the preceding section if you're lost...) press "Up" to leave the switch status menu and enable the 2nd exp pedal by pressing the "9" button for 1 s (until the led lits up). Then press it briefly to configure the Control Change you want to send (the LED must be blinking). Be careful not to affect a Cc number that is already affected (to pedal A, for example) Save your changes by pressing "Down" for 2.5 seconds.
NOW, IF YOU DIDN'T MISS ANYTHING, THE MESSAGE "MIDI IN" SHOULD APPEAR ON THE SCREEN OF THE G-MAJOR AS YOU ROCH THE RIGHT PEDAL OF THE FCB. If not, repeat preceding steps, especially the affectation of the MIDI channel of the pedal in the "Global Setup".
* Click on the "MOD" button of the front pannel of the G-Major. Select "MOD 2" with the right outer wheel. Select "learn" with the right inner wheel, and click it. Then move the Exp pedal B of the G-Major. Click once more and you'll be in the preset affectation of MOD 2. To test it, select the "Output level" of an effect block that is on for this preset (ex : Rev output level). Now, the right pedal of the G-Major should control the volume of your preset !!!

- About the "OD switching" feature : as you may know, the G-Major offers 2 relay switches with their position stored in each preset (the FCB does that too, but I prefer to do it with the G because I still consider it as the "master", over the FCB...). I used to use one of these switches to switch the channel of my amp (Peavey classic 30 with JJ tubes...), and was bothered by the fact that I had to stomp on my Vox ValveTone if I wanted Overdrive. This was a major tap-dancing factor, a major wiring pain so I found a solution. I made a custom "loop switcher" that converts the relay On/Off intruction of the G-Major into a hardwired bypass Yes/No of this custom effect loop. As you must have understood, this loop is before the preamp of the PV Classic 30. Today, it only contains my OD box, but you can put as many box as needed in it...
If anybody is interested in the schematics of this box, let me know in this thread... I feel that this post is long enough and will continue it only by request...

Anyway, I'm glad to join this group and find it a good alternative to the lame documentation by Behringer about a product that deserves more !

Answer this thread if you have questions,

Vincent"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, wieder ich. Trotz verzweifelter Versuche habe ich es immer noch nicht geschafft, die blöden Expression Pedale zu aktivieren... Ich hätte einfach gerne auf Preset-Taste 6 meinen Solo-spund + Whammy Bar... kann mir das mal jemand haarklein erklären, damit auch ich das verstehe?

Bin jetzt zig Anleitungen gefolgt, es tut sich immer noch nichts....

Was muss ich denn wo eingeben? Soweit ich das logisch (?) nachvollziehen kann, mache ich alles richtig - ein Ergebnis habe ich trotzdem nicht! Also: was muss ich an der FCB1010 und am G-Major konfigurieren, um zu meiner Whammy Bar zu kommen?

Danke,
ein frustrierter Hannes

So helft mir doch! :( ;)

Hannes