Question about Echolette ME1

R
Rocknmather
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Hello! First of all, really sorry about writing in English, I have included German translation by Google below.

Recently I found an ad about Echolette ME1 in my country. As Leslie-s are hard to find, I am thinking of buying the ME1 as an alternative for my Hammond L100P. I will need it only for home playing and recording, not for gigging. Here is the ad: https://www.olx.bg/d/ad/usilvatel-za-kitara-leslie-za-organ-echolette-CID618-ID9cWju.html

What I see in later models - ME2, ME3 and ME4 - is that they have separate rotating horn from the static bass speaker. But in the ME1, at least judging from seller's photos, it seems like it's a one-piece amplifier. My question is - does ME1 has rotating speaker or not? I need it only if it has truly rotating speaker, an inbuilt tremolo/phaser effect is not what I need.

Sorry for bothering you, but I can find quite a lot of information about the later models, but almost nothing about ME1. So I will be very thankful if you can help me. Thanks in advance!!!

Google translate:

Hallo!

Kürzlich habe ich in meinem Land eine Anzeige über Echolette ME1 gefunden. Da Leslie-Lautsprecher schwer zu finden sind, denke ich darüber nach, den ME1 als Alternative für meinen Hammond L100P zu kaufen. Ich werde es nur zum Spielen und Aufnehmen zu Hause brauchen, nicht für Auftritte. Hier ist die Anzeige: https://www.olx.bg/d/ad/usilvatel-za-kitara-leslie-za-organ-echolette-CID618-ID9cWju.html

Was ich bei späteren Modellen – ME2, ME3 und ME4 – sehe, ist, dass sie über ein vom statischen Basslautsprecher getrenntes rotierendes Horn verfügen. Aber beim ME1 scheint es sich, zumindest den Fotos des Verkäufers nach zu urteilen, um einen einteiligen Verstärker zu handeln. Meine Frage ist: Hat ME1 einen rotierenden Lautsprecher oder nicht? Ich brauche es nur, wenn es einen wirklich rotierenden Lautsprecher hat. Ein eingebauter Tremolo-/Phaser-Effekt ist nicht das, was ich brauche.

Tut mir leid, dass ich Sie störe, aber ich kann ziemlich viele Informationen über die späteren Modelle finden, aber fast nichts über ME1. Deshalb wäre ich sehr dankbar, wenn Sie mir helfen können. Dank im Voraus!!!

the Echolette ME 1 is a guitar box with one rotating midrange speaker, no horn.
In the box it looks like that:
50a38316-f7ba-4b58-8d50-28a8f847a549.jpg
a7da4718-31b9-478a-9375-d7f42bf48dc3.jpg

Players like Stevie Ray Vaughan were using these devices from Fender or as Leslie 16. It is not made for Hammond organs...

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: 1 Benutzer
…a similar device was built in the Hammond spinet model TR 200. Only one drum was rotating.
If you can‘t get a real Leslie, why not using an excellent electronic simulator? The „Ventilator“ from neo-instruments is the first choice….

Regards

Wolfgang

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
  • Gefällt mir
the Echolette ME 1 is a guitar box with one rotating midrange speaker, no horn.
In the box it looks like that:
Players like Stevie Ray Vaughan were using these devices from Fender or as Leslie 16. It is not made for Hammond organs...

Okay, thanks! Isn't it possible to adjust the amp so that it is compatible with the organ? I am not an engineer, but there are some great amp engineers around me, so if it would be a trivial task for them, I am willing to try this route...

…a similar device was built in the Hammond spinet model TR 200. Only one drum was rotating.
If you can‘t get a real Leslie, why not using an excellent electronic simulator? The „Ventilator“ from neo-instruments is the first choice….

Regards

Wolfgang

I just want something "real" without digital simulations... :D I use the great Hammond plugin VB3 currently which probably would produce better sound than my L100P + ME1, but I also want to "feel the moving air", I am sure that you understand what I mean :)

I just want something "real"
yes, but without a Horn rotating and a frequency divider which gives the Horn speaker everything above 800 Hz, you would not have a "real leslie" tone...
The horn in a real leslie rotates with about 40 upm in slow and 380-400 at fast and accelerates within 2 seconds what gives the leslie-effect. The drum accelerates much slowerand need normally >5 sec. to accelerate to about 360upm. Both together make the real Leslie Sound, BUT the Horn is more imortant for the Leslie sound...

• Gefällt mir
…if you like to feel the moving air, you have to use a really real Leslie. With the ME1it‘s not possible…

• Gefällt mir
Thank you, guys!

• Gefällt mir