• Ersteller lordmusic
  • Erstellt am
lordmusic
lordmusic
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Hallo,

mich würde mal interessieren ob es deutliche Unterschiede zwischen dem LA 610 MK II und dem 6176 pre amp von Universal Audio gibt. Schließlich beträgt der Preisunterschied doch einiges.

Bin gespannt auf eure Erfahrungen!

Eigenschaft

Habe nun bei Gearslutz gelesen dass die pre-amp sektion beim MK II die gleiche ist wie die beim 6176? Nur der Kompressor ist ein anderer, beim 6176 ist es der 1176. Dann wäre das für mich schon geregelt, ich war nämlich v.a. an den pre-amp Klangunterschieden interessiert, habe nämlich ein UA 2-1176 rumstehen und somit bin ich, was Kompressoren angeht, schon ganz gut bedient :D

Wenn du auf den enthaltenen LA2A verzichten kannst, kannst du mit dem hier noch eine ganze Stange Geld sparen. Der etwas behäbigere Optokompressor ist allerdings schon ein ganz anderes Tier als die flinken 1176, macht also schon Sinn beides zu haben wenn's die Portokasse her gibt. Und die Standaloneversion würde immerhin mit saftigen 2,8k€ zu Buche schlagen...

Gruß, Volker

Habe nun bei Gearslutz gelesen dass die pre-amp sektion beim MK II die gleiche ist wie die beim 6176?
Dem ist so.
Dann wäre das für mich schon geregelt, ich war nämlich v.a. an den pre-amp Klangunterschieden interessiert, habe nämlich ein UA 2-1176 rumstehen und somit bin ich, was Kompressoren angeht, schon ganz gut bedient :D
Wie wäre es mit dem passenden 2er Preamp: https://www.thomann.de/de/universal_audio_2610s.htm

Ich habe den 6176er selbst im Einsatz. Selbst für Lyriklesungen live.

So, habe bei Geatslutz folgenden Beitrag von UA gefudnen:

"Hello,
I just wanted to post a bit of info to help clear a few things up.
Below is an excerpt from a recent email...
Thanks for your interest in UA products!
I'll try and tackle these questions in pieces, if you don't mind.

"I am considering buying an LA-610 Mk II. I read that the preamp section on the Mk I version is voiced brighter than the 2-610 preamp."
This is not the case.

"This is apparently to compensate for the fact that the compressor section of the LA-610 Mk I, which cannot be bypassed, tends to take away some of the high end of the signal."
Again, this sounds like confused internet speculation.

"Since the LA-610 Mk II has a true bypass switch, can I assume that the preamp section now has the same 'flat' voicing as the 2-610? Or is it the case that the preamp section in both versions of the LA-610 has always been voiced the same as that of the 2-610?"

I think I can explain this better.
This starts with the original 2-610 based on the 610 console built by Bill Putnam Sr. This pre tended to roll off slightly at the top end.
When we created the 6176 channelstrip, the 610 preamp was slightly updated to get a more flat frequency response.
When it came time to update the 2-610 pre to the 2-610S--we did a few things:
1. We added a -15db pad switch (a common request)
2. We changed the faceplate to accommodate the switch and made it visually match the silver look of our other gear
3. We also updated the circuit to have a flatter response, just like the 610 side of the 6176.

The end result for 2-610 owners, is that the original sounded a bit darker than the new one.
They are actually very easily matched with the shelving EQ found in the pre-amp.
To make a 2-610 sound like the new 2-610S or 6176 you simply boosted +1.5db @10k
To get your new 2-610S sound just like your original, you simply roll-off -1.5db @10k

Now, the LA-610 was always a bit different so a direct comparison was never really applicable.
The LA-610 had an extra 12AX7 in the input section of the pre-amp, and signal always went through the comp section--bypass would simply disengage the compression.

With the LA-610 mkII, we redesigned the circuit and now it offers a "true bypass".
What this means, is that the signal no longer always goes through the comp section when bypassed.
The LA-610 mkII also does not have the extra 12AX7 in the input stage like the LA-610.
Because of both these things, the mkII's 610 side is now just like the current 2-610S and the 6176's preamp side.

To recap:
2-610S, 6176, LA-610 mkII ---all the same preamp sonically
2-610 original--slightly darker
LA-610 slightly different than all due to extra tube and the extra gain-staging variables that creates.

Lastly, please keep in mind, all the 610 based units (including the solo610) all really retain the same "character" and "sonic signature", (and build quality)
So, overall, you get very similar terrific results from any of them."

Sehr erhellend:great:

Anyway, habe nun den UA LA610 MK II in der Signature Edition ergattert, und dass billiger als die standard version :D Die soll ja klanglich nochmal besser sein. postbote, beil dich! :D