Alesis Io|26

• Ersteller Ghoulscout
  • Erstellt am
G
Ghoulscout
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Hallo, ich wollte fragen was ihr von oben genantem Firewireinterface haltet (gibt ja irgendwie nirgendwo Tests dazu).
https://www.thomann.de/de/alesis_io26.htm?partner_id=46442

Hmm... auf der Homepage steht, dass das als Mindestanforderung einen Pentium 4 Prozessor haben muss, den habe ihc nciht, sonst stimmt mein Laptop mit dem Rest aber überein. Ist das schlimm?

Eigenschaft

was hastn du für ein prozessor?

Pentium M mit 1,6 GHz

Pentium M mit 1,6 GHz
Da steht ja "mindestens", und dann reicht es, denn der Pentium M ist "besser"/"neuer" als ein Pentium 4.

Echt? Gut, wusste ich nicht, dachte der wäre viel schlechter ^^ Gut, danke für eure HIlfe. Das Interface ist für das Geld vernünftig? Du hattest mir ja für das Geld die Version mit 16er Version rausgesucht, aber ich krieg das jetzt aus den USA mitgebracht und koennte für den gleichen Preis dass 26er kriegen und würde dann die Preamps per ADAT einsparen.

Über die Qualität des Teils kann ich nichts sagen - und auch sonst wohl hier keiner. Da es bisher in Deutschland noch nicht zu bekommen war; es tauchte schon im Sommer in den Shops auf, Release-Datum wurde immer wieder aufegschoben. Jetzt steht sowohl bei Thomann wie auch bei Musik-Service Ende Januar als Termin. Das IO-26 ist in Anbetracht der Austattung selbst beim regulären deutschen Preis von rund 450€ unschlagbar preiswert.

und der Release Termin wird dieses mal gehalten. Habe heute eine Mail von Alesis bekommen.
nur die Quali der Preamps könnens jetzt noch versauen:mad:

JUHU ES WIRD AUSGELIEFERT!!!! (gerade die Versandbestätigung von Musik Service bekommen)!

ICH BIN GESPANNT

(sorry, aber das musste mal gesagt werden)

JUHU!!!
Dann lass bitte hören wie die Karre ist!
Hat schon einer Tests gelesen?

Bin auch schon gespannt wie es nun wirklich ist!

Testberichte hab ich bis jetzt auch noch nicht gefunden....

Hoffe, dass "Ohne Uns" ein kleines Feedback postet!

mfg Andreas

Karte immer noch nicht da?

Isses denn immer noch nicht da?

SP

Hat nun schon jemand Erfahrungswerte mit dem io26?

So ich hab jetzt mal nen kleinen erfahrungsbericht von nem engländer gefunden. vielleicht hilft er ja dem ein oder anderen weiter:

I purchased this audio interface a few weeks ago from dolphin, to go with my Mac book, (OS X Tiger, 2.0gHz Intel duo processor, with 2GB RAM, 120GB Hard drive) as I needed a new soundcard, with enough in's and out's to be able to record drum kits, live gigs, etc.

Other soundcards I have used similar to this are the Edirol UA-101 and the M-Audio Firewire 1814, both similar products, with 2 mic/line inputs, and 6 line inputs, 8-10 audio outputs, and relatively priced. I also considered the Echo audiofire 8 and 12, although these are slightly more expensive because of the extra inputs. Eventually I chose the Alesis because of its flexibility, functionality, and price.

One advantage of the Alesis is that it has ADAT inputs, so I can eventually expand to have as many as 26 inputs, which will do most people very adequately. Two channels have already got a high-impedance switch, for DI'ing guitars/basses etc, so eliminates the need for DI boxes. Also each input has an optional phantom power button, which is switchable so as not to damage expensive ribbon mics etc. Each input has a high quality mic preamp, and there is an insert channel on each input, if you want to add your own vintage mic preamps or compressors.

The advantage of firewire over USB is that generally firewire devices drain power from the laptops/computers battery, and don't require an AC adapter. This provides fantastic mobility, though be aware that your laptop battery will run out slightly quicker than without. The main disadvantage from firewire to USB is that USB transfers data at 50Mb/s, where as firewire transfers at 40Mb/s, unless of course you are using firewire 800, which transfers at 80Mb/s. but to be honest, I've never had any troubles running on firewire, and my system seems to cope with it fine.

Installation couldn't have been simpler, I didn't bother installing Cubase LE, but the driver and control panel were quick and straightforward to install. I had no troubles selecting my soundcard for iTunes, Cubase, Reason and Logic.

There are two headphone out mixes, but only the second headphone out mix is assignable, to outputs 1-2 or 3-4 or 5-6 or 7-8 for example. A headphone matrix might make this job a little easier if you want the flexibility, but there is still more routing flexibility that that of the Edirol, and M-Audio.

From experience when using the Edirol, if it accidentally slipped out of the USB socket, I had to restart the laptop for certain programs like reason 3, to recognise it. This was extremely dangerous at live scenarios, where everything counts on the laptop! I haven't had this problem with the Alesis as of yet.

The only place I can really fault this product is on design. I don't like having all my cabling sitting on-top, which I think looks a bit messy, especially if you are using all the insert points, but having said that, the other soundcards don't even have insert points! I don't think it would have been too much effort in making the unit fit in a 19"; rack, but this will have to sit on top for now, which is only a minor issue really. At the moment I have done away with my mixing desk because this is so flexible!

Another thing that put me off the Alesis when considering interfaces was that I could not find any reviews on the internet to say if it was good or bad, so I hope this helps if you are considering a new soundcard or just an upgrade. A really good product and you wont be disappointed, and excellent service from dolphin as usual!

er gab dem teil 9 von 10 punkten.

gruß,
Sowbug

so ich hab mal fleißig weitergesucht und noch was gefunden:

"JUST BUY IT! EXCELLENT PRODUCT!"

Feature:
In this price range there's nothing better. Digital inputs, ADAT inputs (add a preamp with built in adat digital outs to expand up to 24 simultaneous inputs), 2 headphones out with the second headphone out assignable to any outputs, 8 outputs, guitar level inputs, phantom power on each channel, and the list goes on. ONE THING TO BE BEWARE OF: THE HEADPHONE OUT IS NOT INDEPENDENT OF THE MONITOR OUTS. This is very annoying when you have someone in the booth and u want to change the volumes of your monitors. One way to get around this is to use the second headphones out and assign it to a separate output, then route the signal in your recording program to that you have the signal going to that output also (not very easy). I highly recommend buying a control room matrix like the one by Samson with the purchase of this product along with a headphone preamp. This solves all problems and adds a talk back mic.

Quality:
Very solid, knobs feel solid, and preamps are clean.

Value:
All these features for this price and it's made by alesis? Need I say more?

Desirability:
The design is nice and looks professional in the studio. Just wish it was rack mountable.

Sound:
The preamps are solid built. No hiss and low floor noise.

Ease of Use:
VERY EASY. Download firmware upgrade and drivers, install, hook it up to your firewire and you are ready to go.

Support:
never needed it

Overall:
I'm only rating it a 9 because of the headphones issue that cost me some extra cash for the control room matrix. OVERALL I RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE THATS LOOKING FOR AN INTERFACE IN THIS PRICE RANGE!

ebenfalls 9 von 10 punkte

Bei AMAZONA.de gibt's nun einen Testbericht.
Fällt darin sehr positiv aus!

erschreckend ist, dass das Alesis IO 26 bei uns ja schon mit der Ausstattung zu den Schnäppchen zählt (natürlich abhängig davon, wie die Qualität auf lange sicht gesehen ausfällt) - für 444 ,- zum günstigsten Kurs derzeit.

Wenn man sieht, dass die Straßenpreise in den USA teilweise auf bis zu 299 $ runter gehen, wird mir schlecht. In Euro sind das beim aktuellen Kurs knapp 230 € - was fast die Hälfte des europäischen Preises darstellt.

So die Karte ist bestellt. Jetzt heißt es auf das gute Stück warten.... Die Diskussion im Harmony Central hat dazu beigetragen, dass ich denke, die Karte wird ihren Dienst tuen, wie ich es erwarte.
Vielleicht kann ich ja, dann in einigen Tagen mehr zu dieser Diskussion beitragen.

In der Keys Mai/2007 ist ein Testbericht vom Alesis IO26....