Schnitzereien an der Gitarre. Was denkst du?

• Ersteller Lucas Krupa
  • Erstellt am
Lucas Krupa
Lucas Krupa
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Hello.
Today I have something new for you. I don't know is this right place for showing this work cause it is not any rebuild or renovations. It is just making new guitar. if there is other place to share stuff like this on this forum please tell me. I am not good in German that is why I had a problem to find other place if it exist.

Ok so I started to think about my new model of electric guitars. I found in my stock really good piece of Mahogany and really beautiful piece of American Walnut. I decided to use this for body. I put Mahogany on the back and Walnut on the top. After cutting the shape of body my girlfriend told me that I can't do just normal guitar with flat top. I told her 'ok so please do something with this'. I didn't expected what will happen. After few hours doing other stuff I came to my workshop and I found this.

rzeźbiona forum.jpg

What do you think about this. Of course it is not finish yet :) If you will like this project I would have more questions.
1. I want to install there 2 humbuckers but I don't know yet what models. Any propositions?
2. Mahogany or maple on the neck? Which one will be better?

Thank you very much for every suggestions and hope that together we can make perfect Guitar :)
*Link deleted / please read- by C_Lenny*

Eigenschaft

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
  • Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: 2 Benutzer
Body looks awesome so far! That guitar is going to be unique for sure ;-) And kudos to your girlfriend! Very creative!

Unfortunately I can't recommend any humbuckers or PUs in general, since I am just a beginner. But I'm sure there are enough people on this board that are able to answer all your questions.

I hope you'll keep this thread alive, because that's an interesting project. Good luck!

• Gefällt mir
also ich sehe in einer Gitarre kein Möbelstück. Wer es tun will, bitte, jedem Tierchen sein Plaisierchen.

I want to install there 2 humbuckers but I don't know yet what models. Any propositions?
Well, what kind of music do you want to play with it, Metal, Blues, Rock, 80's Rock.. ? :D
it is not any rebuild or renovations. It is just making new guitar.
The place is perfect :)
Mahogany or maple on the neck? Which one will be better?
Depends on what kind of guitar you want to have :)
If it's going to be a Stratocaster-interpretation, i'd recommend a Maple neck with Rosewood Fingerboard.
Well, let me explain:
1-Piece Maple neck: Very bright sounding, fast attack, as heard on many strats etc.
Maple neck with Rosewood Fingerboard (or Ebony, kinda the same): Still fast attack, but not as bright
Mahogany, with Rosewood / ebony Fingerboard: Warm sounding, slower attack, gets you a more 'Les Pauly' sound

I'm looking forward to hear from you :)

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: 1 Benutzer
Oh, ich bin in einen englischen Thread abgerutscht? Ei dont underständ not werry well, wat hi wont to sei!! :evil:

OK, you want an advice...
Here it comes:
Marry that girlfriend.

• Gefällt mir
This can turn out absolutely great - or maybe complete kitsch. We will see (please keep us posted). In fact, most likely it will be both at the same time! :)

In any case, I agree with @dongle. Your woman is awesome! ;-)

/s.

• Gefällt mir
Reminds me a litte bit at Mercyful Fate.

Mercyful-Fate-Melissa1.jpg
MercyfulFate-DontBreakTheOath.jpg

Have you in mind, what to do with the edge of the body? It seems that the carving is to close to the edge for a shaping or a binding.

Well, what kind of music do you want to play with it, Metal, Blues, Rock, 80's Rock.. ? :D

The place is perfect :)

Depends on what kind of guitar you want to have :)
If it's going to be a Stratocaster-interpretation, i'd recommend a Maple neck with Rosewood Fingerboard.
Well, let me explain:
1-Piece Maple neck: Very bright sounding, fast attack, as heard on many strats etc.
Maple neck with Rosewood Fingerboard (or Ebony, kinda the same): Still fast attack, but not as bright
Mahogany, with Rosewood / ebony Fingerboard: Warm sounding, slower attack, gets you a more 'Les Pauly' sound

I'm looking forward to hear from you :)

I did few guitars in my life and I used most of combinations of wood, that is why I decided to ask about opinion of other people what kind of combination they like :) I think that design of this one will be quite dark so it will be good to think about some metal sound. And here is the questions fast attack or long sustain is better for Metal. I know from my experience that it is almost impossible to have fast attack and long sustain at one. I never did like this and I don't know anyone who succeed with this.

Metal, alright :)
A Maple neck will not get too muddy even with a lot of gain, so i'd use a Maple Neck + Ebony/Rosewood fretboard - for a dark design, ebony might look better
Pickups - i would recommend either the Seymour Duncan SH8:
Or the Black Winter set:
The black Winter set is also pretty versatile as far as i know :)

Reminds me a litte bit at Mercyful Fate.

Have you in mind, what to do with the edge of the body? It seems that the carving is to close to the edge for a shaping or a binding.

I don't really know how she plan to finish it but I trust her :) The sculpture will probably be the part of the shape of guitar. She did her own project of carving and I know she inspired by some random pics from internet.

For shure this guitar will be unique. :great:

I'm not really into this skull thing but this guitar won't be for me so this shouldn't bother you too much ;)
What finish are you planning? I thing painting it could be a challenge because of the irregular surface. Have you thought about it yet?

• Gefällt mir
1392045_443199965788981_2100744081_n_7152_640.jpg
I like it !

• Gefällt mir
That looks like a viking weapon :ugly: but I find the SG looks very cool :)

982aef20.jpg
:evil:

• Gefällt mir
My favorite:

peter_malick.jpg

Greetz!

:hat:

Find ich nur zum angucken. Ist leider unpraktisch, da sich ganz schön viel Schmodder in sowas sammelt.

Anhänge

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    114,7 KB · Aufrufe: 298
schon ganz schön, aber ich muss immer an sowas denken

• Gefällt mir

Unser weiteres Online-Angebot:
Bassic.de · Deejayforum.de · Sequencer.de · Clavio.de · Guitarworld.de · Recording.de

Musiker-Board Logo
Zurück
Oben