KAWAI MP 6 librarian - editor?

T
tedsorvino1
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
Hi everyone. Sorry for writing in English. First time in here but I follow the forum for quite a while with the help of chrome translation.
I'm not a trained piano player. I play rock and pop pianos - acoustic and wurlis mainly- and synths (organs are not a concern in general - just the odd farfisa). And even if I love practicing blues and gospel piano, keys are just another tool for my songwriting - production work, which is my main task.

I own a modern hammer action controller. An M - Audio Hammer 88. It's really good for what it is. Very simple, very smooth and efficient, a really light action, with an excellent editor software, a lot of touch curves, many modern features and in general fantastic collaboration with any vst and other synth. But I feel the keys are quite on the shorter and narrower side for my fingers, and quite heavier at the next to the pivots - where I play a lot. So for an even better keybed and as a standalone instrument, I've recently bought a used Kawai MP 6 since I was in the market for a good and quite lightweight stage piano - weighted controller. I hate heavy actions. I have to admit that loved the new Yamaha CP 73 one, but can't be found used in good prices yet.

The MP 6's action is really versatile and the feel of it is absolutelly quality. You can make it very light (or very heavy) by adjusting the global system touch, which works fantastically well in combination with the velocity curves of most vst synths (never buy the lie that only the vst velocity curves are enough and that a cheap digital piano with no touch - velocity adjustment can ever be a good midi controller). And for its internal sound you can also adjust the velocity sensitivity from the sound menu. This way the results are similarly great to the ones you have by using as a vst controller. The piano sounds are very compareable to many vst ones. The electric pianos are very good. The organs are not good. The synths are very limited but ok. And the rest are pointless for me.

But you can do several things with quite some editing and that's where I'm facing a problem. I'm in need of an editor - librarian software to save time and experiment more. The screen is small and the menu not that fast to navigate. I mean it's a 10 years old keyboard. Quite modern in terms of such a basic software support. And its successors - MP 7, MP 7 SE- are even younger. And there is no official Kawai editor for the MP series, librarian to make editing an easy task. I can accept that there is no midi dump and communications between the keyboard and computer systems happen via usb storage. But such a big company like Kawai, not supporting a whole series of pro grade stage pianos with a computer based editor - librarian is really a problem.
And since there is no sysex midi dump or any kind of usb transferred .mid file - kawai is using its own type of files- I wonder if anyone has any idea of any third party editor - librarian for windows (like midi quest, ctrlr, sound diver etc) that can collaborate up to a level with the MP 6, for editing work.

Another question is if somebody has used the MP 6 as a module (controlled by external devices). What parameters can be really controlled except the set ups and the sounds?

Thanks in advance

Eigenschaft