Never worry about power with zuma ... I do

siebass
siebass
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
moin,
keine ahnung, ob ich hier richtig bin und ob ich in dieser art überhaupt posten sollte:
seit gestern habe ich ein strymon zuma netzteil, teuer, aber ein letzter versuch.
die titelzeile ist angelehnt an die werbung auf der webseite von strymon und ich hänge hier eine mail an, die ich gerade an strymon geschickt habe und in der ich ein ziemliches problem mit diesem, in mehrfacher hinsicht, herausragenden netzteil schildere.
sobald ich eine antwort erhalte, kommt die natürlich auch hier hier.

horst
-----
Hi,
I just have just purchased a zuma powersupply and encountered a big problem:
Two pedalboards, one for the guitar, the other for the bass plus MoXF 6 keyboard. Zumas task is to supply both boards and the keyboard simultaneously.
guitar:
- roland GP 10
- DigiTech solo XT looper
bass:
- shure GLXD 16 wireless
- zoom B3
- DigiTech solo XT looper
for the future:
- a third DigiTech solo XT looper with the keyboard
the two (three in future) loopers are synchronized.

So, not too much, but the loopers are demanding more than 300 mA each and are providing the boards and the audio with an ugly noise via the powercable if I conect the devices with a common powersupply.
My hope has been, that not so with the zuma.
This hope came true, but:
the GLXD16 will not light up when connected to zuma via 9V. The specs says: 9 to 15V, plus is tip or ring (fantastic!) As all other 9 V supply devices I own are doing the job the zuma has to supply the device with the 9V connection.
When using the 12V connection, the GLXD16 is running.
Exactly the same with the zoom B3. I assumed the B3 will not explode if a try for a short time the 12V instead the 9V, and that has been the case.
To run both devices with 12 V permanently is not the solution: I need at least one of the 12 V connectors for my keyboard.
---
In addition two suggestions:
it would be fine if one can change the polarity of the multi voltage connectors.
An on off switch for the PowerSupply.
with regards, (please excuse my german english :) )

Eigenschaft

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
moin,
eine antwort von strymon ist da :great:
allerdings läßt sich der inahlt zusammenfassen in:
ja, bekanntes problem, aber wir können daran nichts ändern :bad:.
und was mach' ich nu? mist, wahrscheinlich zurückschicken.

hier ist sie die antwort:

"strymon" schrieb:
Hello Horst,
Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with this setup and Zuma.
We are familiar with the behavior you describe with the Shure GLXD wireless device and have found that it does not like how the power from Zuma ramps up when it is connected to the power supply as it requires more in-rush current at startup than what the outputs can provide. Typically, devices have an MCU reset in their design to avoid this and power up after a short while, but this does not seem to be the case with this Shure wireless product. Using 12V is a workaround and we have also heard from some customers that if you have the Shure already pre-connected to the Zuma BEFORE you plug Zuma to a wall outlet, it will power up.
My guess is that the Zoom B3 pedal must also behave in the same manner where it requires more in-rush current at start-up. You can check to see if connecting the B3 to Zuma before you connect it to a power outlet will power up this pedal. Otherwise, it may need to operate at a higher voltage, but only if it is safe to do so (please check with Zoom's documentation to be sure it is safe.
Best regards,