Gehör neutralisieren / neutralize" the hearing... during a session...

• Ersteller tom4X777
  • Erstellt am
T
tom4X777
Registrierter Benutzer
Zuletzt hier
Kekse
hi, one small question, my media-"mega-pro" skilled friends , do you know how to kinda "neutralize" the hearing (in between a break of) a listening session? am helping one friend of mine, @ his graduation-thesis in music science+ psychology (@ humboldt-univ., berlin); am making some beats for him+ then he will do some field study with people, who listen up to 3 hours to the beats+ who describe, what they feel @ each beat... (& in between the breaks they should kinda neutralize their ears...) many thanks in advance, best regards+blessingx, tom (P.S.: do you do the neutralizing best with "white noise/ pink noise/ classical music...? have heard that e.g. @*a perfume-testing session the people will get coffee powder for neutralizing their noses...)

answer in English as well as in German o.k. :)

Eigenschaft

Everything sounds awesome after listening to some classic ´Modern Talking´. An ounce of ´Cheri Cheri Lady´, a quarter of ´You´re my heart, you´re my
soul´ and one pint of ´Geronimo´s Cadillac´ and your ears will be neutralized.

If they´re not neutralized by then or your brain has stalled, listen to the tracks on different systems: car stereo, ipod, home stereo. It´s not really resetting, but gives you a better
idea of what the ´consumer´s´ sound is like, if you´re talking about a mixing session.

Hello,

Your ears will get tired during long hearing sessions so I'm not too sure if it is a good Idea to continiue with hearing music after your session to neutralize your Ears. I do have reference Songs witch I hear inbetween when I have doubt if the sound is ok or I need references.

Sleeping will be the better idea. After 8h rest your Ears will be ready for the next hearing session.
I would appreciate listening to natural sounds eg. live Piano, Guitar, Birds, voices.... when you are not actual in a hearing session. Then you will train your brain and ears to decide if the sound you heat is "as in nature" when you have hearing / mixing sessions.

sincerely

Fish