Velvet Revolver - Contrabrand

• Ersteller MeatMuffin
  • Erstellt am
Riverport Amphitheatre, St. Louis, MOJuly 2nd 1991 Review

Guns played in St. Louis in July 2, 1991. I was there, just left of the chaos.The riot occurred in the middle of "Rocket Queen". The biker called "Stump" had been bugging Axl all through the show. At one point, he passed a note up to Axl, who said, quietly "Real fuckin cute, man. Real cute. Was that worth interrupting the show for?" He then gave the note to a roadie.
(Auf dem Zettel stand sein Name, es war seine Visitenkarte...)

This jerk continued to heckle Axl and the band, and bully people in the audience for another 45 minutes (er holte unter anderem ein Messer raus). When the guy pulled out the camera (was nicht erlaubt war, jeder wusste das) Axl called for security (who is comprised of mostly friends of the biker gang this jerk belonged to), who never bothered to do anything. Axl jumped out into the crowd and the rest was history. (A never mentioned fact in any of the press releases: Axl didn't start the riot. The crowd was stunned and quiet for a few minutes, waiting for the band to come back out. The Maryland Heights, MO Police Dept started it when two officers chased a kid up onstage and got a little too rough with him. Someone threw a chair at the cops, and in what was probably the most irresponsible move these two goons could have made, the cops threw the chairs back at the crowd. THAT is what started the riot.)

What's interesting is, the band kept looking out from a curtain backstage, as if they were coming back out. But as soon as the chairs (ripped up from the concrete floor) went crashing into Matt's kit, the band left. Can't say as though I blame them. What the crowd did was reprehensible. I could not believe the mob mentality of the cretons who destroyed and stole the band's stuff, and tore up the venue. I was so pissed! I went to see them in Kansas City, MO the following year. Axl made a point to address all of us from St. Louis who were there. I don't remember his exact words, but in effect, he told us he appreciated the true fans from St. Louis, and was sorry we had to travel so far to see the band. We gave him a standing ovation.

-------------------------------------------------------
Wie du siehst kam dieser Kerl nur zur Show um Stress zu machen und vor seinen Kollegen cool dazustehen... Axl versuchte die Security dazu zu bringen ihn rauszuschmeißen, da sie ihn aber kannten, ließen sie ihn in Ruhe und Axl musste sich selbst helfen.

Bitte noch einen Grund, warum Axl ein "Vollspaten" sein soll!!! Ich freu mich schon.... Meiner Meinung ist es nämlich eher Slash, der heutzutage Scheiß baut.

Die Antwort: :D

In response to a "frivolous" lawsuit filed against Guns N' Roses leader W.Axl Rose by two former band members claiming Mr. Rose attempted to change the copyright status and the royalty stream earned by the disgruntled pair when they worked with the band Mr. Rose's attorney, Howard Weitzman stated: "This is a classic case of premature accusation. If someone had taken the time to investigate or ask about this situation before rushing to judgment they would have learned that ASCAP (the entity that collects money for songwriters) made a clerical error and failed to appropriately divide and distribute the royalty's owed for the first quarter of 2005 to Axl and the former Guns N' Roses musicians. The amount ASCAP mistakenly sent to Axl's publisher was never received by Axl nor was he ever made aware of the error. The publisher alerted ASCAP to the error, returned the money immediately and asked ASCAP to remedy the situation by distributing the funds appropriately."

Weitzman further comments: "Rather than pick up the telephone and contact Axl or his representatives, his former partners scurried to file a lawsuit that contained false statements about Axl rather then making an effort to learn the truth regarding ASCAP's mistake. Slash and Duff have an unfortunate pattern over the past few years of filing sensational but baseless lawsuits for the purpose of generating anti-Axl propaganda. It is clear that Slash and Duff are looking for another opportunity to spread untruths about Axl in an effort to hurt his reputation and to alienate his fans while at the same time creating a profile for themselves. (!!!!)

"Contrary to allegations in the lawsuit, Axl has never denied that others made substantial contributions towards the success of Guns N' Roses, but there is little doubt as to who was the creative catalyst behind the group's success."

Wenn Slash und Duff sich die Mühe gemacht hätten, und einmal nachgeforscht hätten statt sofort ihre Anwälte einzuschalten wäre gar nichts passiert....

Nächste.... :cool:

Lipfel schrieb:
Die Antwort: :D

In response to a "frivolous" lawsuit filed against Guns N' Roses leader W.Axl Rose by two former band members claiming Mr. Rose attempted to change the copyright status and the royalty stream earned by the disgruntled pair when they worked with the band Mr. Rose's attorney, Howard Weitzman stated: "This is a classic case of premature accusation. If someone had taken the time to investigate or ask about this situation before rushing to judgment they would have learned that ASCAP (the entity that collects money for songwriters) made a clerical error and failed to appropriately divide and distribute the royalty's owed for the first quarter of 2005 to Axl and the former Guns N' Roses musicians. The amount ASCAP mistakenly sent to Axl's publisher was never received by Axl nor was he ever made aware of the error. The publisher alerted ASCAP to the error, returned the money immediately and asked ASCAP to remedy the situation by distributing the funds appropriately."

Weitzman further comments: "Rather than pick up the telephone and contact Axl or his representatives, his former partners scurried to file a lawsuit that contained false statements about Axl rather then making an effort to learn the truth regarding ASCAP's mistake. Slash and Duff have an unfortunate pattern over the past few years of filing sensational but baseless lawsuits for the purpose of generating anti-Axl propaganda. It is clear that Slash and Duff are looking for another opportunity to spread untruths about Axl in an effort to hurt his reputation and to alienate his fans while at the same time creating a profile for themselves. (!!!!)

"Contrary to allegations in the lawsuit, Axl has never denied that others made substantial contributions towards the success of Guns N' Roses, but there is little doubt as to who was the creative catalyst behind the group's success."

Wenn Slash und Duff sich die Mühe gemacht hätten, und einmal nachgeforscht hätten statt sofort ihre Anwälte einzuschalten wäre gar nichts passiert....

Nächste.... :cool:
Wie gesagt das liegt alles im Auge des Betrachters, welche der beiden Versionen man Glauben schenkt und ich stehe ganz klar nicht auf der Axl-Seite.
Ich möchte im gleichen Atemzug auch noch mal an das Konzert mit Metallica 1992 in Montreal erinnern... Axl ist und bleibt nun mal ne Diva. Und ich finde, er ist ein Arschloch.

Ich möchte im gleichen Atemzug auch noch mal an das Konzert mit Metallica 1992 in Montreal erinnern... Axl ist und bleibt nun mal ne Diva.

Montreal war die Sache, das Axl schlicht und weg Angst hatte, wegen der Pyroanlagen, kann in auch hier verstehen... (Bei diesem bin ich mir jetzt nich so sicher, aber hab es so gehört) Das Axl eine Diva ist/war bestreitet keiner, aber wenn er keine wär, wär er auch kein so genialer Frontmann... Meiner Meinung nach ist er einfach nur einer der intelligentesten Männer im Business, der sehr viel mitmachen musste, aber sich trotzdem hochgerappelt hat... Kennst du seine Ansprache in Chicago 1992?? Sowas macht keiner ausser Axl, und für sowas bewundere ich ihn...

Nur so eine Frage: Hast du irgendeinen neuen Song schonmal gehört?? Find die neue Stimme genausogut, wenn nicht besser wie die alte...

MeatMuffin schrieb:
Hey Leutz,

Man hat sich ja stark wundern müssen über diese Konstellation von Weiland mit den Ex-Gn'R-Mitgliedern und sich bestimmt auch Gedanken gemacht, ob das man gut geht. Man litt ja auch unter der Befürchtung, dass das neue Album zu sehr gepusht würde, oder leidet immer noch, wie ich für meinen Teil. :)

Nichtsdestotrotz hab ich mir das weiße direkt am Montag gekauft und muss echt sagen, dass es endgeil ist. Geiler Hardrock und die richtige Mischung aus härteren Stücken und Rockballaden. Und Slashs Solos erstmal. :D

Jetzt wollt ich mal fragen, was ihr von dem Album so bis jetzt haltet.

Der Velvet Revolver - Contrabrand Diskussionsthread wird hiermit für eröffnet erklärt. :)

Bis auf Slither und Fall To Pieces, die wirklich geil sind, ist das Album eigentlich ziemlich austauschbar, muss ich sagen.... aber die zwei Songs ROCKEN.

Lipfel schrieb:
Montreal war die Sache, das Axl schlicht und weg Angst hatte, wegen der Pyroanlagen, kann in auch hier verstehen...
Ich meine Axl hat ja abgebrochen und ist nicht gar nicht erst rausgegangen und die anderen Bandmitglieder haben sich auch gewundert warum er denn abgebrochen hat.
Naja wie dem auch sei...

Lipfel schrieb:
Meiner Meinung nach ist er einfach nur einer der intelligentesten Männer im Business, der sehr viel mitmachen musste, aber sich trotzdem hochgerappelt hat... Kennst du seine Ansprache in Chicago 1992?? Sowas macht keiner ausser Axl, und für sowas bewundere ich ihn...
Nein kenne ich nicht, sorry.

Lipfel schrieb:
Nur so eine Frage: Hast du irgendeinen neuen Song schonmal gehört?? Find die neue Stimme genausogut, wenn nicht besser wie die alte...
Ich wusste nich, dass das neue Album schon draußen ist, ich dachte "Chinese Democracy" braucht noch ewig und drei Tage... Außerdem sollte das doch musikalisch eher in Richtung Industrial gehen, oder?
BTW: Ich kann jetzt nur für meinen persönlichen Geschmack reden, aber Axls Stimme hat irgendwas was mich stört. Nimm mal Sebastian Bach, ex Skid Row Sänger, der hat ne ähnliche Stimmlage, aber klingt m.M. nach irgendwie besser...

MeatMuffin schrieb:
WTF, da haste ja was rausgekramt. Dann erzähl halt wies war. Ich hab wohl damals die Geschichte gelesen, wie ich sie oben beschrieben habe.
Axl ist und bleibt rotzdem ein Vollspaten, um das mal noch hinterher zu schieben.
Axl Rose ist cool !! Manchmal denk ich zwar wirklich selber, er hat ein Rad ab, aber er ist wirklich ein sehr guter, charismatischer Sänger, das kannst du nicht abstreiten.
Der Mann hat zwar ein paar irre Seiten an sich ( wie z.B. sein Aberglaube und sein Glaube an schlechte Schwingungen ) aber alles in allem ist er echt cool drauf, sehr viele Rocker haben manchmal ihre Ausraster...ich finde ihn sehr cool, wie er auf der Bühne immer abging, umherrannte und sprang, mit den Roadies auf der Bühne Fangen spielte, etc.
Er war auch stark am Schreiben der G´n´R-Songs beteiligt, die haben viele Einflüsse von ihm und diese Songs sind WIRKLICH gut !!

Nicht wirklich. Izzy hat zB auf der Appetite den grössten Songwritinganteil gehabt.

Nein kenne ich nicht, sorry.

"Any of you, uh, read the latest Rolling Stone? I was on the phone a long time last night and a friend of mine was telling me how ---- (Axl stops talking and directs this next comment to the audience) --------- SHUT THE FUCK UP! Ohhh, Axl, cool, metal dude, rock-n-roll, party, cocaine, yeah...... I AIN'T HERE FOR THAT !!
Anyway, a friend was telling me that my family has taken offense to what I said in the magazine. It's a shame. (they say) His mother can't even go out of the house now. It was amazing my mother could go out of the house before knowing the shit she fuckin knew!!
And, why is he talking about this? (Axl asks the audience) Cause it might not have happened to you, but it may have happened to the 2 or 3 people standing going to come back and haunt them when they hit about the age of 25! And, then you gotta find your way, and climb your way out of what you "thought" was your life!
But, it looks more like a fuckin car wreck in your head that no one told you about because the 'family" doesn't want to have to be embarrassed about these things coming out. We just shouldn't have to deal with this publicly, then were probably not going to deal with the bullshit at all! And I bet that THEY like it that way!
I'm not a qualified therapist. I don't know a lot of shit about this, but I do know that this is the 90's! And I know that if were going to make it another 50 years on this planet we gotta FUCKIN CHANGE OUR SHIT NOW!!!
And, there'ss a lot of motherfuckers that don't want that shit to be changed! Cause that's going to dig up their crap! The parents who done fucked up their kids through their whole fuckin lives, and they are about 40 or 50, and think it's cool!
FUCK THAT SHIT! And, I'm the last motherfuckin person who they thought would be climbing up their ass to tell them about it!
But see for me.....it ain't about doing fuckin cocaine. It ain't about how much vodka I drink, or how much I can drink someone under the table! It ain't about what a "macho man/rock-n-roller" I can be!
That shit don't work no more! That's great for little kids, fuckin bullshit! But, it don't work no more in the real world, not for my ass! I can't come up here and go "Yeah, I'm bad. I'm rock-n-roll, we're doing this rock & roll thing." If my life is falling apart......
I can't, FAKE it NO MORE!
Just because my family or my record company tells me I should(fake it) so everybody can be happy or make money....YEAH!!! SUCK MY DICK!!
Anyway, there are those in my family that they plan that they are going to get revenge, because it was a terrible thing I did! (exposing their life by interview to the public) YEAH! TRY IT!!!!
And, if a fuckin, scrawny little jr. high. 90 pound weakling can get up here and get this shit on. SO CAN YOU, who have the same fuckin problems in life!! THEY DON'T. HAVE TO GET AWAY WITH IT! I tried being nice. I tried being cool about it. I tried being friends offering love and forgiveness and all that shit! And, they say you know how much we love you. But let's keep you down like we always have.
Yeah, well, guess what? I've 'changed" my point of view! For me now, it's kinda like-live and let die motherfucker!
(GnR perform Live and let Die)

(After GnR does Civil War, Axl continues.)
You know it never ceases to amaze me ........when you, are up here and you look out over the crowd, and you can always find usually 18-25 year old's .....real pot smoking, judgemental, rock-n-rollin, fuckheads! (next directing ccomments to the crowd) - You say I don't know I'm cool and shit. And I don't know who those GNR think they are cool and shit, but I'm cool.
WELL, IT AIN'T ABOUT ME BEING COOL! IT AIN'T ABOUT YOU BEING COOL! But, what were doing here tonight is pretty fuckin, cool.
So, if you come out here to be a critical, judgemental, "FUCK," ya know, I guess that's your fuckin problem. If you want to stand there like James Dean with a fuckin corn cob up your ass, that's cool.
Seems to me you are wasting your own Goddamned time though.
And that's another fuckin problem-we all think we have so much fuckin time you know? We ain't got no Goddamned time to waste at all!!
You want to sit on your ass and think your COOL? You, WILL end up working in a factory til your fuckin 80 years old, then they will rip you off for your fuckin pension!
Meanwhile, I'll get off my fuckin soapbox. I was singing that song (Civil War), and people were going-- "Yeah, OK." But, maybe you are just stoned.
But this is a WAKE-UP call Chicago! Do you know where the fuck you are? Wake up!! It, s time to die!!!!"

kannst dir ja mal angucken, wenn du Zeit hast... Hat zwar jetzt mit dem Thema nichts zu tun, trotzdem find ichs sehr interessant, einfach Axl ein bisschen besser zu verstehen...

Ich wusste nich, dass das neue Album schon draußen ist, ich dachte "Chinese Democracy" braucht noch ewig und drei Tage... Außerdem sollte das doch musikalisch eher in Richtung Industrial gehen, oder?

Jo, das mit dem Album dauert noch ne Weile (obwohl immer noch Hoffnung bezüglich November/Dezember besteht), aber es wurden schon 6 neue Songs live gespielt, und eine Demo von einem anderen Song ist im Netz gelandet... Aber da heutzutage Soundboard-Aufnahmen schon fast Studioqualität haben, konnte man sich einen guten Vorgeschmack holen... Wenn du willst kann ich dir die neuen Songs ja mal schicken... Und das mit dem Industrial, das war eine Phase so um 99/00 rum, aber es ist bekannt das das Album nochmal komplett neu ab 2003 aufgenommen wurde, ich persönlich denke, das Album wird wie die Illusions klingen (haben viele die das Album schon gehört haben auch bestätigt)

Also dat erste klingt überhaupt nicht nach Axl und auch... hm... Mags an der Aufnahme liegen, aber naja.

Das zweite klingt schon wieder sehr nach Axl. Wie heißt den der Song. Wenn ich erste Studioaufnahmen von den Songs höre, kann ich näheres sagen. Aber die Drums klingen voll nach Matt, lol.

Wie heißt den der Song
:D

An den Drums sitzt Brian Mantia, hat davor bei Primus gezockt.... Wie gesagt, die Stimme hat sich n bisschen verändert, das erste ist aber 100 % Axl, allerdings sein Monitor Mix, daher klingts vielleicht etwas komisch... An dem Solo in Nightrain musst dich nich stören, hat der Gitarrist (Buckethead falls du ihn kennst) voll versaut find ich mit seinem Whammy... Allerdings spielte er das nur bei dem Konzert so, später wars einfach nur geil, besser als Slashs.... Einfach melden falls dus auch haben willst... Was hälste den von der Stimme??

Übrigens, hier ist einer der neuen Songs: The Blues, ich würd sagen, fast Studioqualität
http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2XNN9IUB80SPY24FG1K5X2V20W