Peavey Valveking - Schnäppchen

• Ersteller Jerry77
  • Erstellt am
also ich könnte mir zumindest vorstellen das ein 1 oder 15 watter günstiger herzustellen ist als ein 100 Watter..ist ja n bisschen einfacher aufgebaut..

das schon, aber nicht in der Relation wie ihr vielleicht glaubt. Ein 15 Watt Rectifier waer nicht viel billiger. Die Leistung ist nicht das, was Geld kostet.

Schau dir mal die Gibson Uebungsamps an, da kostet der 5 watt amp mit lumpigem 8" speaker und ohne klangregelung schon ein vermoegen.

Also bei Harmony-Central sind die Bewertungen der User aus Amerika schonmal gut.

Einige sagen, der Amp wäre eher was für Rock als für Metal, aber wozu gibts Fußtreter?

Also, wenn der mit meinem Peavey Surpreme mithalten kann issa Geil :D :D :D :D :D

Überlege auch ihn mir zuzulegen, da mein Proberaum-Amp recht scheiße ist aber ich will mir erstemal nen Eindruck verschaffen, wie das Teil so klingt und ob er für meine Zwecke was taugt. Hab bisher noch nicht so richtig den Überblick bei Amps, hab bisher bloß meine beiden Amps, nen Mesa Dual Rectifier und nen klassischen Fender Amp ohne Verzerrung gespielt.

Aber bisher sieht das Teil echt nach nem Schnäppchen aus. Bin auf die ersten Erfahrungsberichte gespannt.
Die 212 und Top Version hat glaubich auch ne Effekt Schleife, da kann man ja bestimmt einfach noch ne Zerre dazwischen hängen, wenn die vom Amp für manche Sachen nicht ausreicht aber ich spiel eh nicht so wirklich mit Hi-Gain bis zum Anschlag. Für die meisten Sachen reicht auch etwas weniger.

Meiner Meinung nach wird des n Surpreme mit Röhren......

Das Handbuch kann man ja zum Glück schon mal einsehen:

http://www.peavey.com/media/pdf/manuals/valveking_manual.pdf

und bei Harmony Central hat sich jemand kürzlich sehr intensiv mit der technischen Seite des Amps auseinandergesetzt. Das sind zusammen genommen doch schon mal gute Vorab-Infos:

"Price Paid: US $329
Features: 10
Made in March, 2005 in Peoples Republic of China. Tubes were made in Russia, making this a complete communist amp! Power tubes are Russian made Sovtek 6L6WXT+ which are supposed to have 20% more output than standard 6L6GCs. Preamp tubes are Electro-Harmonix 12AX7s in Preamp, Gain channel, and driver/phase inverter positions. Switch on back for tight/loose (open/closed-back) simulation. Texture control reduces voltage to power to both tubes. I believe this dial on the back reduces plate voltage from the full 360 degrees of the input conduction cycle by cutting off one one side of the tubes for a portion of the cycle, while the other side (class A) remains full voltage, thus class AB. If the voltage is cut off during half the cycle, it is class B, the dial will be at 12:00. Since the signal is cut off one side, there will be less volume, but less crossover distortion. When the dial is in the class A mode it will sound cleaner becuase each power tube is amplifying half the signal, then are joined via the phase splitter and transformer. One tube amplifies the upper half and one the lower half of the waveform. When the dial is on class AB mode, both tubes are pushing more plate voltage and amplifying slightly more than half the signal each, resulting in distortion, the good kind. It also has a spring reverb which is solid-state driven, a gain boost switch, a volume boost switch, and a bright switch. An effects loop is also located on the front panel next to the on/off and standby switches. The second input jack is attenuated 6db. Both channels have full bass/mid/treble conrtols. The reverb works on both channels. On the back, we have a socketed power cord, texture switch, tight/loose switch, and a nice external spekaer jack that cuts the internal 12" speaker rated at 16 ohms. The cabinet is made from 5/8" thick MDF and uses a plywood baffle.

Sound Quality: 9
I use a strat with Jeff Beck noiseless pups, an Mexican tele, and mostly a Les Paul Classic with '57 PAF humbuckers. Sounds incredible with the LP as expected, both clean and dirty. I crank the gain up to 10, hit the gain boost, set the texture control to class AB, bass on 10, mid on 3, treble on 3, and little bit o' verb. Very Frenderish. The speaker looks and sounds like a Jensen C12N, very sweet, but distorts due to smallish voice coil. Rather heavy magnet, speaker weighs in at 8 pounds. I replaced it with an EV12L, but this is overkill. The clean channel sounds thin with the single-coil strat and tele, as expected. Here is the the shocker: crank the gain to 10 on the dirty channel and my strat will sustain for days and get that Clapton "woman" tone - even at very low volumes. The dirty channel seems twice as loud as the clean channel even with the volume boost and gain boost switches off. I did not notice any significant boost in volume with the volume boost on. I did notice about a 6-12db increase in gain with the gain boost on. Lead channel is very loud and does not hum when cranked, but I use all humbuckers. These is a rather loud hum when the amp is idling, not sure why. It can be anoying if I am playing clean at bedroon volume, which I often do. The tight/loose switch is probably just a low-end EQ cut switch, not a true negative-feedback attenuator. Same with the texture control. probably just a voltage pot/bias pot mounted on the back. It does very little to change the overall sound, but does help with distortion. Overall a very smooth, balanced sound, but no thump or thud. Chunkage may be obtained using an LP and cranked, but I am not sure it would be loud enough for a gig. Great practice amp.

Reliability: N/A
It looks extremely well built. Transformers are very small for a 50 watt tube amp, hence the 16 ohm speaker which requires less transformer windings. This is the only area I see that is skimped. There are four separate PCBs inside, all of which are smallish. I am not sure how long the tubes will last with the voltage changing. I could not find a bias pot inside, so that's why I assume the texture switch changes the tube configuration from class AB to class A by limiting the voltage to two of the pins on the power tubes, basically like having built-in Yellow Jackets.

Customer Support: N/A
Never dealt with Peavey, but this is only my second Peavey tube amp.

Overall Rating: 9
I have been playing since I jammed with Eric Clapton in the 70's. For the price you can't beat this with a 20 foot pole. If you want Marshall-like sound with sweet upper harmonics, nice crunch, great blues tone, tons of features, and a sweet clean channel - this one is for you. If you need major chunkage, look elsewhere. It doesn't sound like a blackface or a Marshall, but I think it sounds as good. I prefer this amp over my HR DeVille for practice, and over my Marshall for any day for low-volume crunch. The best thing is the cost. I know the price went up already since I bought this one. Finally, a small amp with enough gain to satisfy rock and blues without getting muddy on the low end. I don't use the word "sparkle" here becuase I think that is a Fender verb. It does not sound as constipated as my Deluxe Reverb, but it does not have that great "surf" tone either. If I had the money, I would buy the 100 watt version becuase it has a presence control, which I wish this had. That is my only complaint.

Submitted by JazzCaster at 11/29/2005 19:20"

das supreme gibts schon als röhrentop, nur dann heißt das teil halt xxx

X-X-X-X schrieb:
Meiner Meinung nach wird des n Surpreme mit Röhren......

Wie kann man eine Meinung zu etwas abgegeben, dass man noch nie gehört hat??? :confused:

Maverick018 schrieb:
Wie kann man eine Meinung zu etwas abgegeben, dass man noch nie gehört hat??? :confused:

Das ist leider eine weitverbreitete Krankheit in diesem Forum...

Maverick018 schrieb:

Ich meine jetzt von den ganzen optionen...
(Man vergleiche Pottis)

Schwedenshrederer schrieb:
Das ist leider eine weitverbreitete Krankheit in diesem Forum...

Wie Recht du doch hast.... :rolleyes:

X-X-X-X schrieb:
Ich meine jetzt von den ganzen optionen...
(Man vergleiche Pottis)
mein TSL100 hat genausoviele potis wie ein rectifier. hab ich jetzt nen rectifier??

*löl* der war gut...

aber mal im ernst, der röhrenamp des xl is doch der große XXX, oda irre ich mich da nu wieder ma total?

angelofdeath666 schrieb:
*löl* der war gut...

aber mal im ernst, der röhrenamp des xl is doch der große XXX, oda irre ich mich da nu wieder ma total?

Wenn du den xxl combo bzw.Top meinst ja. Peavey sagt jedenfalls immer dass der XXl die Transenvariante des XXX sei.

genau. un der xl supreme is die abgespeckte 2-kanalversion des xxl

angelofdeath666 schrieb:
genau. un der xl supreme is die abgespeckte 2-kanalversion des xxl

Stimmt, jetzt wo du es sagst,fällts mir auch auf. :eek: Da steht das so offensichtlich im Namen und ich raffs nicht :redface:

Off Topic: Was ist denn das für ein Avatar den du da hast aof666? Ist der aus dem japanischen Horrorfilm "Ju-Oh"(oder so ähnlich?)

nene, das is die süße kleine aus f.e.a.r

Bernde schrieb:
vorher anspielen ist aber wahrscheinlich doch besser.klar sind ca.400 euro recht günstig fürn amp, aber trotzdem zuviel um sich hinterher zu ärgern.
also ich warte noch!bin auf jeden fall seehhhr gespannt!

wir haben heute die ersten Peavey Valveking 112 Combos bekommen und gleich getestet.

Ganz im ernst, dieser Amp wird ein Bestseller werden! Die Verarbeitung macht einen sehr guten Eindruck, man würde sofort akzeptieren, dass der Amp das doppelte gekostet hat.
Das gleiche trifft auch auf den Sound zu! Im Clean-Mode klingt der Verstärker sehr ähnlich wie viele Fender Vollröhren-Amps. High-Gain, das ist sowieso eine Domaine von Peavey, hier waren die Erwartungen hoch und man kann sagen: GEIL. Besonders hat mich aber auch der Bereich Crunch-sounds, also fette angezerrte laute Riffs.. auch hier besticht der Combo durch geile Sound mit einer wirklich guten Klangregelung.

Alle Achtung an Peavey, dieser Amp ist ein Volltreffer!!!

kagge vll hätt ich warten sollen^^ nun hab ich 1500 fürn mein ENGL gezahlt :D

Martin Hofmann schrieb:
Alle Achtung an Peavey, dieser Amp ist ein Volltreffer!!!
danke für den Kurzbericht. :great: Es würde mich interessieren in welche Richtung der Zerrsound geht. Wie ich sehe, hat er leider keinen LineOut. Meine Band bringt mich um... :confused:

Gruß,
/Ed

Hui das klingt recht gut gleich ma anrufen wenn sie den bei amptown haben:D